I want to add shortcode to show other products with the same tag, but blow the Add to Cart button

Hi! I'm new to using MarketPress and I really like it so far.

I'd like to add some suggested products at the end of some of my product listings. Ideally - I'd like it to show other products with the same tag (that I choose). I can use a shortcode and it gives me exactly the list I want, in the grid format that I like. You can see a sample page at http://www.shinyhappyworld.com/store/products/knuckleheads-monster-softie-pattern.

But I'd like the grid of suggestions to go below the Add to Cart button for the main product on the page, and right now it's just above it.

(In a perfect world, a customer would add the main product to their cart and then go shopping the grid of related items to add more to their cart.)

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

• aecnu

Greetings wendigratz,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Indeed I can see a short code for popular products but related products are unfortunately not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• wendigratz

Actually - the shortcode that I'm using right now works really well. I'm using the Products List code and I can use the attributes Category or Tag to define the list I want to show. And the List View attribute set to grid works perfectly. So I'm able to pull related products really well, and have terrific control over which products are showing, which most eCommerce software doesn't have.

The place I'm getting stuck is where the grid generated by the shortcode is showing.

Right now it shows before the price and ADD TO CART button. I'd love for it to show after those.

Is that something I can do with CSS? If not - and it does push things into the realm of new features - then thanks for passing it along. This is really a fine-tuning/ooh-wouldn't-it-be-great kind of thing and I'm happy to wait or work around it for now.

Thanks,
    Wendi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.