I want to apply 1 coupon to 1 order total... not 1 coupone to each item in the cart

I can't figure out the combination to successfully apply 1 coupon code the 1 shopping cart total... not the coupon to all items in the shopping cart.

I use to be able to do this before so many updates to marketpress in the past few months.

• Rupok

Hi studiodpi

I hope you had a wonderful day.

Normally, you can't have your coupon applied on Order Total because it may include Shipping and Tax charges and in that case, your users will get discount on Tax and Shipping Too. But, you can do that from Store Settings > General > Tax Settings > Show Price + Tax? - Check marked and Enter Prices Inclusive of Tax? - Check marked. In that case, it will show Price + Tax, eg. if your price is 100 and your tax 20, your price will be 120 and the coupon will be applied on the price which already includes the tax.

However, if you want to apply the coupon on Product Total, can be done easily.

You said you want "want to apply 1 coupon to 1 order total". So if your coupon is for 10%, for an Order Total is $100, the discount amount will be $10, whatever and how many the products are, right?

Well, this can be done by selecting the "Apply to each applicable item and quantity ordered" option and "Applies To: All Products" while creating a coupon. Because, when you select:

# Apply to each applicable item and quantity ordered
    > It applied the discount on every product, every item. If you add 10 pen $10 each, then for each pen, the coupon discount will be $1, and for 10 pens, discount will be $10 in total. Exactly what you are looking for.

# Applies To: All Products
    > We have to select this because in your order, you may have 5 pen of $10 each, and 5 eraser of $10 each. Now if you coupon applies for pens, but not for erasers, you won't be able to achieve what you are looking for.

I've attached a screenshot. There you can see, my Order Total is $60, and with the settings I've described above, coupon discount is $6 as you want. So price is $54 + Tax $5.40 = $59.40

Please let us know if you have any further confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Edit: Details Updated

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.