I want to be able to build rental type website

I am trying to build a rental type website where users can add their own products and other users are then able to rent them (similar to etsy but renting not buying).

I am very new to wordpress and so far have tried a few things with no luck.

I need help knowing the plugins which I need to make the website fully functional.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Gian,

Well, I've looked into this a bit here and couldn't find anything that would seem to accommodate this out of the box. You would need a marketplace for displaying products, but also a backend booking system for managing when items are in and out, and taking reservations. They'd need to be deeply integrated as well...

Overall, MarketPress would be great for the store front, but adding a booking system would take some custom development. We don't undertake custom work at WPMU DEV, but if you need to hire a developer, I'd strongly recommend checking our our job boards: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Best regards,

• Dev4
    • Champion of Loops

If you decide to have somone do some customcode for you, you might see what they think about modifying the appointments plugin, so that it schedules days instead of hours.
    I am not sure, but it could work out to be less work than building something from scratch.
    If you are patient (no telling when or if it would be picked up as a project)
    You could try asking for a feature request here to see if they would add the option to the appointments plug in, to allow scheduling of full days rather than by the hour.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.