I want to be able to set my own "Order ID" for each sale in my store.

Needs to be sequential and not random. Can this be done?

• Alexander

Hi @David,

I'm sorry, this wouldn't be possible without custom development. We don't undertake custom development at WPMU DEV, but if you need to hire a developer you can checkout our job boards: https://premium.wpmudev.org/join

Keep in mind that the order ID being random is intentional, much like any other e-Commerce system. For example, with sequential order numbers, other users could easily figure out how to track orders that don't belong to them.

If you opted for a sequential order number, you'd need to either disable the order tracking, or make modifications allowing it to test wether a logged in user is the owner of that order.

To give a bit of information on how the custom coding would work, you can use the MarketPress mp_order_id filter. You can see this being applied in marketpress.php on line 3298.

Taking a look, we see that the developer even warns against using sequential IDs
    $order_id = apply_filters( 'mp_order_id', $order_id ); //Very important to make sure order numbers are unique and not sequential if filtering

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.