I want to be notified each time a user change the site

Hi,

I want to be notified each time a user change the site domain by using the domain mapping plugin.

In my hosting, I have to manually insert the domain of each new site into my main domain. I do not know how to avoid it. If there is a better (automatic) solution I will be happy :slight_smile:

So, how to custom the domain mapping to receive an email comprising each new domain?

Thank you very much.

• Vaughan

Hi @andreza,

There is no automatic way, changing the domain would always require the user to setup an A record for his domain or have you park that domain on your server.

I'm not sure if there's a hook for sending out a notification when the domain is changed. I've looked but couldn't find it. I will ask one of our developers to see if there's a quick way of doing it.

However, you could restrict access to the Tools > domain mapping menu page, so that users can't change the domain without asking you?

You can use a plugin such as Advanced access manager to do that.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-access-manager/

Hope this helps

• Jose

Hey there @Andreza,

Hope you are doing great today :slight_smile:

You can send a notification for each time a new domain is added by hooking into the 'domainmapping_added_domain' action.

I coded this in a form of a must use plugin, so you just need to download the attached file and place it into the folder
    ../wp-contents/mu-plugins/
    (create the folder if it doesn't exists).

For reference, this is the code. This is a very simple email, you can improve it by changing the text, setting the content type to html, etc.

if(! class_exists('Custom_Code') ):

class Custom_Code{

private $blog_template_id = 0;
            private $additional_tables = array();

function __construct(){
                add_action( 'domainmapping_added_domain', array($this, 'domain_added_notification' ) );
            }

function domain_added_notification($domain, $blog_id ){

$admin_email = get_site_option( 'admin_email' );
                $message = sprintf('The domain %s was added for the blog ID %s', $domain, $blog_id);
                wp_mail( $admin_email, 'New Domain Added', 'The message' );
            }

}
        new Custom_Code;

endif;

Please let us know if this works for you.

Cheers!
    Jose

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.