Membership 2 Pro Issues

Hi :slight_smile:
I want to build a membership site and obviously I went for the Membership 2 Pro plugin. But it lacks a lot :
1. There is no line for the member's company or business name. I want to make a b2b membership site and there's no field for this. I know WordPress is a blog, but can't this be added in the Membership 2 Pro plugin? Something like a registration form builder would be much appreciated, I am 150% sure! Also there should be a field for the Company identification number.
2. I thought there is nothing about the European VAT thing. Then I found the add-ons section and saw Taxamo. I was so glad I found it. And then I wasn't. I know things are always not as simple as they seem to be, but what you need about the VAT is a field for the Company identification number and a field for the VAT percentage in the billing section. So if a company provides VAT number, tax won't be added. If not, tax will be added. Taxamo might be great, but it makes us pay for something we should not be paying for. A free add-on for the EU VAT - is it too much to ask for? For real, is it?
3. Recurring payments are something else I have a question for - why there is not an option to charge your clients on a certain date of the month? I would like to charge my clients every first day of the month. Or 15th. There should be such an option. I am certain it is essential. (if you set the recurring payment frequency to "1 months", this would mean that clients would be charged once a month, right? but when exactly?)

I know you provide a ton of value for the money and I appreciate it. I am sorry if my post looks too harsh. It isn't meant to.
Thanks much in advance!

• Milan

Hello @Valentin,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Now let me go bit by bit to answer your questions. :slight_smile:

1. There is no line for the member's company or business name. I want to make a b2b membership site and there's no field for this. I know WordPress is a blog, but can't this be added in the Membership 2 Pro plugin? Something like a registration form builder would be much appreciated, I am 150% sure! Also there should be a field for the Company identification number.

Actually some of the field customization can be done by addon Profile Fields which you can find under Membership > Addon > Profile Fields . But it will not let you add additional fields to registration form, but we do have one other alternative which you can use with in combination of Membership. Buddypress is great way to make site social but even if you don't want to make it fully social, just install Buddypress on your site, disable all the modules of buddypress except Extended Profiles. You can do so via Dashboard > Settings > Buddypress After this much process you'll be able to add additional fields to vai Dashbaord > Users > Profile Fields

2. I thought there is nothing about the European VAT thing. Then I found the add-ons section and saw Taxamo. I was so glad I found it. And then I wasn't. I know things are always not as simple as they seem to be, but what you need about the VAT is a field for the Company identification number and a field for the VAT percentage in the billing section. So if a company provides VAT number, tax won't be added. If not, tax will be added. Taxamo might be great, but it makes us pay for something we should not be paying for. A free add-on for the EU VAT - is it too much to ask for? For real, is it?

I am sorry but we do not have any other option here, Dear member this requires a lot of custom coding to be done so for this you'll need to hire developer or use our Job Portal

3. Recurring payments are something else I have a question for - why there is not an option to charge your clients on a certain date of the month? I would like to charge my clients every first day of the month. Or 15th. There should be such an option. I am certain it is essential. (if you set the recurring payment frequency to "1 months", this would mean that clients would be charged once a month, right? but when exactly?)

Charging client on certain day of a month is not possible to setup. But if recurring payment frequency is set to "1 months", clients would be charged exactly after 1 month fro the day they subscribed to your Membership.

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Valentin

Hey, Milan! Thanks much about your answers :slight_smile:

About the first issue - I am pretty sure I can tweak the registration form by changing the text, so "Name" becomes "Full Name" and Last Name becomes "Company Name", but it still doesn't feel good enough. (and it will go away every update after) The main reason I want these fields is because of the invoices. Not for anything else.
    About the second - I really can't figure why a single field would be that much coding. But I really don't know anything about code, so I will trust you with this one :stuck_out_tongue:
    And one more thing about the recurring - say, we put the payment every 1 month, and say Good Guy Greg signs up on 31-st of January. When does the next billing come? Since there's no 31-st of February. What happens here - do we miss the payment for February or the plugin is smart enough to bill our subscriber on the last day of February?

• Milan

Hello @Valentin,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for the asking. :slight_smile:

First of thanks for trusting me on second answer. :slight_smile:

Now please let me clear some of the confusion risen in your mind. :slight_smile:

I am pretty sure I can tweak the registration form by changing the text, so "Name" becomes "Full Name" and Last Name becomes "Company Name", but it still doesn't feel good enough. (and it will go away every update after) The main reason I want these fields is because of the invoices. Not for anything else.

I wasn't aware that you wanted to use custom fields( not firstname and lastname ) in generated invoice. If you want to add custom fields to register page and fetch those fields while generating invoice, then it will require custom coding to be done, I suggest you hire developer for this or visit our Job Portal.

But if you make some tweaking in labeling firstname and lastname( making these label as "full name" an "compnay name" on registration page then it may work from user point of view but it will still needed to display in invoice as invoice renders username field by default.

So you'll end up doing custom coding on your own if you want to display those fields on invoice. If you want I can give you some custom solution but for that you may need to edit core files. And changes to core files won't be preserved when you'll update your plugin.

Let me know if you want to implement custom solution then one I am thinking with Buddypress.

We put the payment every 1 month, and say Good Guy Greg signs up on 31-st of January. When does the next billing come? Since there's no 31-st of February. What happens here - do we miss the payment for February or the plugin is smart enough to bill our subscriber on the last day of February?

First of all let me ensure that you won't miss any payment. :slight_smile: Plugin asks respective payment gateway to bill the user every month. The exact date is calculated by payment gateway used by user. If you set days from Membership > Memberships > Edit Membership > Access Options > Grant Access for then it will charge day by day.

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Kind Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.