I want to check license of your plugin!

Hello!

I hope you having a good day.

Today, I want to check license of your plugin and theme.

I am running education site to teach how to use WordPress, and introduce good theme and plugin as a paid service, because most of the information is written in English, and it is very difficult to utilize the plugin and theme forJapanese.

Then, if possible, I want to introduce some your plugins.

Your plugins are really good, so I want to introduce them for my paid member!

According to GPL license, I am currently understanding that I can resell distribute your plugins for other people.

In my case, I am making your plugins available to my paid member, which means that paid members will be able to download your plugin on my site.

Along with GPL license, I can do this without permission from your team. Of course, I will just give the plugin, and won’t provide any kinds of support access, and I will prohibit from my paid member claiming any kinds of issue. ( I will write these in TOS.)

And also, I will show the ownership of your company, so some paid members, who want to get a support of your plugins, will contract your company.

Let me double check!

Cant I do this?

King Regards

KAZUKI KIKUCHI

• KAZUKI KIKUCHI
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey Predrag!

Thank you for your support!

Okay!

I now understanding that my paid user can download your plugins on my site, and use them on their site, and I must write about ownership, which is WPMU DEV.

If it is correct, please give me a “Good button”.

King Regards

KAZUKI

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @kazuki1220eri0721,

Hope you are doing well. :slight_smile:

No actually you can’t do this, you can let your user use our plugin in terms of service you offer.

The GPL generously provides the flexibility to allow others to profit from our products without restriction, but it is only the code that is GPL licensed, So essentially they couldn’t use the product name, any images, logo’s or other parts of the plugins/ themes not covered by the GPL as these are trademarked . Any manuals or documentation are also not covered by the GPL.

A key thing also to remember is that one of the requirements of the GPL is that all credits must be retained within the documentation such as readme’s and code.

We actively pursue any infringement of our branding and trademarks through legal means, the initial step would be a ban on the members account and then followed by other legal measures. This would obviously mean that the member would have no access to support and upgrades.

Hope that helps you. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.