I want to create a site to create multiple blogs,

Hi I want to create a site to create multiple blogs, as edublogs
I install wordpress multi site first? or to activate the plugin everything is created automatically?

I am a novice at this wordpress.

For everything to work well, other plugins I use?

My goal is:

Allow my subscribers create their own online store, so I want everyone to have installed plugins market place and ecommerce.
Just as two or three templates trade so they can choose what pleases them more.

help please.

not how.

Or better, if you do, how much they charge me to implement it

thank you

• Tyler Postle

Hey Lester,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

Yes, first you will want to install WordPress and convert it into Multisite, as shown in WordPress.org's guide here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network

Then once you have that sorted then we can start installing the necessary plugins and get into some of the fun stuff :slight_smile:

You will want these plugins for sure:

Pro Sites

MarketPress

New Blog Templates

Pro Sites allows you to manage your site owners allowed plugins/themes among a lot of other customization, plus charge users to upgrade levels and gain more capabilities/features :slight_smile:

MarketPress of course will allow your users to create/manage a store.

Then New Blog Templates, makes it super simple for your users to create their sites. You can create 2 or 3 templates with this then the user can select one at checkout and there site will look exactly like it once signed up,

You can include some placeholder text for directions, so all they need to do is just place in their own information :slight_smile:

help please.

not how.

What do you mean by "Now how"? Are you wanting someone to set all this up for you?

We can definitely help out with parts of the process where you get stuck Lester. That way you don't have to hire anyone to do it :slight_smile:

If you did want to hire someone to set all this up, then you could post it on our jobs board: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

I can't suggest as a price as that is something you will want to workout with whoever you would choose to set this up for you.

Look forward to hearing back on this Lester and as mentioned, we're more than happy to help you get this setup :slight_smile:

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.