I want to embed Pretty plugins list of all plugins in a list form

Hi,

I am trying to create a custom plugin in which I want to display the list of all plugins in separate groups in which I categorize them using the Pretty Plugins plugin. I want store the plugins selected by user in my custom plugin's table in the database and when required want to create a new site with those specific plugins activated on the newly created site. Can you please help with this?

• Tyler Postle

Hey NYU,

Hope you're doing well today!

When you say the list of all plugins in separate groups I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean? Pretty Plugins allows you to create categories which are essentially separate groups.

As for creating a site with those specific plugins you can do that with New Blog Templates. It looks like you already have it installed too :slight_smile:

That way you can create a blog template with all the plugins you wish to be activated and you can either automatically apply it by default or let the user choose.

Hope this helps! Let me know about that first part a bit more and perhaps I can assist further on that :slight_smile: to me it sounded like you want to categorize the plugins in groups, which is what pretty plugins can do.

Look forward to your reply.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Web Publishing

Hi Tyler,

May be I didn't put the information right before.
    I am trying to make a custom Site Setup Wizard plugin which will ask user few information about the new website that they want to create in the multisite network and store it in the database. I want to embed the list of groups that I made using the Pretty plugins in the wizard of my own along with the New Blog Template plugin's templates. Once the user fills in all the information the new blog gets created with the plugins activated selected during the process. and with the template in case it was selected.

Hope this helps.

• aristath

Hello again @NYU WP, I hope you're well today!

I'm afraid what you want can't be done without a lot of custom coding... However you could use the New Blog Templates plugin, and create some template sites. Please keep in mind that when we say "template" here, we don't mean the theme that will be used. A template site can contain everything you need, from plugins, themes, settings, even some default posts.
    Each of these template sites can contain a "preset" of the plugins you want activated.
    Once the user selects the template that they want, they'll get a site with what you've predefined for that template.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Web Publishing

Hi Ari,

I understand, but that's what I am trying to achieve here. I see that New Blog Template attaches itself to the wp-signup.php page and shows users all templates that they can select while creating a new site, same is the case when a super admin tries to create a site from Network Admin -> Sites -> Add New, they see a combo box which shows all templates created using New Blog template. I am only looking for an ability to hook that Template selection capability into my custom plugin at some place. The site when created using my custom plugin's wpmu_create_blog function should be based on the template selected if at all during the working on my custom plugin.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.