I want to fully set up the new blog and not have to go through the questions. Duplicate the Title o

New Blog Templates almost completes what I want done except I don't want to have it stop and ask for the Title or anything. -- Just completely set up the new blog.

• UNIIMI
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I think, if that is the case, even editing the plugin to have it copy the Site Title would not be all you need. When you visit domain.com/wp-admin/network/site-new.php it required a Site Title. You would need to edit the core WordPress files in order to change that and that is not a good idea.

So, if this is the case, you actually need to do two things:
    1. Edit the New Blog Template plugin to include the Site Title.
    2, Write a new plugin that has a new interface for New Blog Template.

• UNIIMI

In other words, yes is the answer to your question in the chat. Yes, I think you need to hire someone for custom coding.

You might be able to get help here in the forums with adding Site Title to what New Blog Template copies but it will do you no good unless you have a new interface form and I don't know that the WPMU Dev team or any member will write a plugin form for you in the threads here. You can ask...

• UNIIMI

Was just looking at one of your other posts and I see you mentioned wanting to use Gravity Forms. (You forgot to mention that in this post.)

I haven't used Gravity Forms but that might be what you need for my #2, above. I assume you are familiar enough with Gravity Forms to sort that out on your end, no?

Okey. So let's see if we can figure out how to add Site Title for you.

I looked at the form that WordPress uses to create new sites and it had this:

<tr class="form-field form-required">
    			<th scope="row">Site Title</th>
    			<td><input name="blog[title]" type="text" class="regular-text" title="Title"/></td>
    		</tr>

So I think maybe you can just create a Gravity Form that has a hidden field input name="blog[title]" and set it to whatever you like. Voila!

Let me know if you can do that.

• UNIIMI

About the Gravity Forms, I found this in one of the plugin files:

/**
     * Exclude Gravity Forms option AND Formidable Pro (thank you, wecreateyou/Stephanie).
     **/
    function blog_template_exclude_gravity_forms( $and ) {
    	//$and .= " AND <code>option_name</code> != 'rg_forms_version'";
    	$and .= " AND <code>option_name</code> NOT IN ('rg_forms_version','frm_db_version','frmpro_db_version')";
    	return $and;
    }
    add_filter( 'blog_template_exclude_settings', 'blog_template_exclude_gravity_forms' );

Can anyone tell me what that means exactly? I hope it doesn't mean that New Blog Template does not work with Gravity Forms.

• pbwayman
    • New Recruit

I hope that Gravity Forms works with New Blog Template. I am experimenting today, had to be away most of the weekend - Thank You UNIIMI for attention to my needs. I'll let you know how it goes with my test using Gravity Forms.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

As Uniimi says you would need to custom code a default title for this. WordPress requires a title and so you'd need to circumvent the default process.

You might want to look into Gravity Forms to do that first although I'm unaware how well that will be able to meet your requirements.

Phil

• UNIIMI

pbwayman, were you able to get Gravity Forms and New Blog Templates to work together to do what you needed them to do? If so, please share your solution for others to see if they're in the same boat in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.