I want to make a single page private to those who subscribe. I want anyone to be able to subscribe t

I want to make a single page private to those who subscribe. I want anyone to be able to subscribe to the pages content when they click on the page!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Maija,

Hope you're doing well today and welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

To make a single page private to subscribers you just need to go to:

Membership > Access Levels. Choose the access level that subscribed members get and ensure that the page you want private is selected in the "Negative" rules column :slight_smile:

I want anyone to be able to subscribe to the pages content when they click on the page!

This part I am not 100% clear on. So, you want anyone(including already subscribed users) to be able to view the content on that specific page by subscribing to it? Like another Membership subscription? Or an email opt-in or social media pay with a like sort of idea?

Thanks again for your question Maija and look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• maija

Hi,

So right now I have the page I want people to subscribe to checked in the negative box for visitors.
    But I want the visitor to be able to subscribe to the page when they click the tab to get there.
    Right now it just says sorry this is restricted for members only BUT has no way for them to become a member
    I want them to enter their email and become a member to view the material, but currently there is nothing on the page that is restricted for members only, for non members to become a member.

Thank you,
    Maija

• Tyler Postle

Hey Maija,

Ooh, okay :slight_smile: I am following this now. Sorry for my misunderstanding.

For this, you can edit your "Protected Content" page in your page listing. Add these shortcodes to it:

[subscriptiontitle subscription="2"] – The title of the subscription.
    [subscriptiondetails subscription="2"] – The Subscription plan details.
    [subscriptionprice subscription="2"] – The subscription plan price.
    [subscriptionbutton subscription="2"] - And the subscription plan button

Of course, change the "2" to the correct ID for your subscription which you will find on the Membership > Subscription plans page.

When they click the sign up button it will take them to the registration page OR if you have the "Pop up registration" set in the Membership > Options > Membership pages settings, then it will just pop up on that page.

Hope this helps :slight_smile: let me know if you still need any further assistance!

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. You can also add anything else you like to that protected content page to spice it up a bit.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.