I want to Make Page/Post quotas zero in Pro sites,

Hi
I want to Make Page/Post quotas zero in Pro sites, the minimum is 1 for both but that is 1 to many. Basically I want to turn a level into an intranet with no public pages

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hi Frank,

In this case, as a quick solution (because there is no option in Pro Sites for settings quotas at 0), is to use this plugin Bainternet Posts Creation Limits https://wordpress.org/plugins/bainternet-posts-creation-limits/ - with it you should be able to limit posts/page for certain user roles.
    I will also flag Pro Sites Developer if he could propose some other solution, that will not require additional plugin.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Frank Warwick
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

HI Kasia
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I guess I don't understand why it was not thought of to begin with, it allows a minimum of 1 for posts and 1 for pages why not have none ... and who only wants 1 page or post.

I am sure Aaron just needs to change zero = unlimited to zero = none and use unlimited = unlimited and Roberts your fathers brother.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hi Frank,

I have one other thought, but tell me first - do you allow free access for registered members? If you don't want to let users create pages/posts on lowest level, maybe just not setting this as a pro site level would work for you?
    If you don't allow level users to publish anything why is in that case need for Pro Sites? I think if I could know more I could come up with better solution.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hi Frank,

I'm extremely sorry for delay here - we were short on staff members this week.

I dont want to allow pages and posts the other is paid and allows pages and posts.

I've tested some Pro Sites options and there is module in Pro Sites Modules and Gateways - "Limit Publishing" that allows you to only enable writing posts and/or pages for selected Pro Site levels.
    When you activate it, you will see that there is new tab in Pro Site Settings "Limit Publishing ". There you can check minimum Pro Site level that will allow to publish posts/pages.
    It works like that: users can have free blog, can create posts/pages, but can't publish them (created posts/pages have status "pending":wink:. They will see notification like this "To enable publishing posts, please upgrade to Pro »" with link to upgrade.

There is also module "Pay To Blog" that allows you to completely disable a site both front end and back until paid.
    So users can register and create a blog, but don't have access to front end and Dashboard of that blog until they upgrade. This is more restrictive than the Limit Publishing.

Please let me know if this what you where looking for.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.