I want to merge CoursePress Pro with Spirit

I would love to be able to deliver the same touch and feel of Spirit (GREAT THEME by the way) while having the functionality of CoursePress Pro without using the default theme that comes with CoursePress Pro... Please bare in mind that I am a Novice at best when it comes to codes and WordPress... Any if any guidance on how to get this done would be greatly appreciated! Did I mention great theme (SPIRIT)

Kind Regards,

RE

• Tyler Postle

Hey Robinson,

Hope you're doing well today and glad you like the new theme! Can't wait to show you the other child themes we are prepping for release :slight_smile:

CoursePress Pro is designed to work with any theme, so you don't have to use the CoursePress theme. Keep in mind that Upfront is still in beta so it won't yet be completely compatible with all of our plugins, it will be on official release though of course!

Which part are you having trouble with so far?

CoursePress Pro uses a highly customized post type, so creating courses will still need to be done in the backend at this time if that is what you're after.

Look forward to hearing back Robinson! So happy you're liking the theme :slight_smile: it's been a long time coming.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Robinson

Hi Tyler,
    Thank you for such an expeditious reply. Upfront is simply amazing even in Beta form. The craftsmanship is superb! I started playing around with it yesterday and I couldn't believe how user-friendly it was. Keep in mind that I don't know codes, not even the short ones (short codes... heh heh). What I would like to accomplish is this: I want to be able to display the Courses Search, Dashboard, and Login/Logout in the menu. Just as in the CoursePress Pro theme. I would also like to be able to display the Work book, assignments, course structure or curriculum Design a Course page. I want to turn that design into an LMS... I am not sure if I am explaining myself correctly.... Please ask for additional clarification if needed...

Kind Regards,

Robinson

• Robinson

Hi Tyler,
    I figured you've been busy, but as I went through the community, I noticed that someone else is having the same issue, the only difference is, he explained it a bit better... Here is the link of the same issue:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/coursepress-course-list-use-real-pages-no-shortcodes#post-814176

Should I follow the same recommendation or should I just give you access via WPMU? Please advise...

Kind Regards,

Robinson

• aristath

Hello there @Robinson, I hope you're well today!

I'm terribly sorry for the delay here...

What I would like to accomplish is this: I want to be able to display the Courses Search, Dashboard, and Login/Logout in the menu

You can already do these things using the theme's builder... You can add your own menu items and point them to the URLs you want, and you can also add a searchform there!

I would also like to be able to display the Work book, assignments, course structure or curriculum Design a Course page. I want to turn that design into an LMS...

That may need some more clarification...
    Doesn't it already display the content of these pages?
    Do you simply want to change the way these look?
    If so, in what way? Perhaps we could accomplish this using some custom CSS...

Please advise,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.