I want to password

Hello,

I want to password protect a video but I need to be able to have a list of everyone who has viewed it, so it can't be something people can share a password with. I was thinking of creating a way for each person to have their own individual password (for ease of tracking). Is this possible?

Thank you,
Christine

• James Morris

Hello Christine,

I hope you are well today. Welcome to the community!

Honestly, what you're wanting to do seems much better suited for the Membership 2 Pro plugin. You can limit pages, posts, parts of pages and media files with M2P and you would be guaranteed that only registered users would be viewing your content. Since you can manually assign users to memberships (and yes you can have free memberships), this gives you complete control over your content access that goes far beyond what Password Protect can offer.

That being said, if you don't want to give Membership 2 Pro a try, I did find this useful bit of code that will enable you to assign multiple passwords to the native WordPress password protection capabilities. I have not tested this personally, but the post is only a year old and it would be a good starting point.

http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/206830/password-protect-page-with-multiple-passwords

I hope that clarifies things a bit. Let me know if you have any further questions. I'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.