I want to see if there is a way to speed up upfront loading times

I have been testing upfront and x-theme. I have decided on upfront. I am looking to speed up the load times as much as possible and there are, according to Pingdom, three files that take relatively, a significant amount of time to load. See screen shot.

I am on a Arvixe VPS Pro. 8 CPUs, 6 GB Ram, SSD drive, CertOS. Apache, W3 Total Cache, MaxCDN, WordPress.com Photon, CloudFlair and APC object caching. Images are optimized and resized before upload and run through your smush.

It is a fairly heavy WordPressMU environment with features (plugins) distributed and services distributed through various domains to lessen the number of plugins loaded per application. Lastly, the server is located in Amsterdam, hence the use of distributed caching.

I should mention that I have been a computer scientist for 38+ years.

At first look, can I get upfront dependencies over to MaxCDN? Secondly, it appears you are loading in the head section rather than at the end of the body. Is there a way to optimize this?

My load times are between 1.2 and 1.5 seconds, with a pref grade of 91. Not bad, but I believe they could be improved on.

Your comments and suggestions would be appreciated.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Jetiii,

We actually have a big update to Upfront coming out in the next couple weeks that includes a lot of performance improvements :slight_smile: it was one of the main focuses for this update.

As for server side optimizations for Upfront I’m going to include my colleague @jack Kitterhing here for his feedback on the topic as I know he’s spent some time working on that himself.

If you have any further questions in the meantime. Just let us know.

Cheers,

Tyler

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @jetiii,

Hope you’re well today, if you haven’t already, upgrade to the latest release, we only released it a few days ago, but is has huge performance improvements. Also try adding this to your wp-config.php.

define('UPFRONT_DEBUG_LEVELS', false);
    define('UPFRONT_COMPRESS_RESPONSE', true);
    define('UPFRONT_EXPERIMENTS_ON', '1');

You should see notable performance improvements with this defined. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.