I want to show module result after each module completion

When a student submits a module, I want to show result of that module in there before pressing next: https://monosnap.com/file/GauaCH6lAWrc9helwmkfmzMNJmwVE7

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi Antonio

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

As my colleague Ashok mentioned in chat, our SLS guys (code experts) will take a look at your query and check if it's something that is easy to customize. If so, then they'll help you to do this.

Please keep in mind that our SLS Team deals with more complicated issues, thus it may take a little longer for them to reply here. Thank you for your patience while we look into this further.

Kind regards,
    Katya

• Ari

Hi Antonio,

Hope you are well!

CoursePress already has a similar feature which you may find interesting. In each unit there is an option User also needs to pass all required assessments. So they can't go ahead until pass the curent unit.

As for your exact request, I'm afraid this is not included in our plugin, this is definitely possible but it would require a lot of custom coding and this is I'm afraid out of scope of support that we can provide, you can see more here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/support-vs-custom-development/

If you need to customize this then you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

I would happily provide you with the information required so you can share with your dev, so he can understand the process.

== Here is my thought ==

There will be a button called "Submit & Check Result".
    This button will placed instead of Next button. ( the next button will be hide by CSS ).
    So after completed the answer user will click on this button, then the form will get submit with answer & the page will get refreshed with the result.
    After refreshing the page that will get hide & Next button will show.

Then user can click on next to go to next unit. or you can set a custom timer that will redirect him to the next page after x seconds.

== How to do it ==

There are few steps, I'll explain here shortly, you have to send it to your dev, he will understand it better.

Step 1: Add a button for "Submit & Check Result" with js.

Step 2: Hide the next button with some JS or CSS.

Step 3: Call this function CoursePress_Module::submit( with_form_inputs_data )
    For help check this class coursepress/2.0/include/coursepress/class-module.php

Step 4: after completed the submit function, refresh the current page with JS by window.location

Step 5: hide the "Submit & Check Result" button & show the next button.

Best Regards, Ari

• Panos

Hi Antonio ,

I have pinged the developer about this as I'm not really sure, I don't see similar requests on this.

As I see it though there is some limitation on this. More precisely it could be used for the Single Choice and Selectable modules, but I'm not sure how this would work for the rest. like multiple choice or text fields as we can't predict if user has completed his answer.

As a feature I don't think it can be included if it doesn't target all module. As I said I'll have to wait to see what the developer has to say here.

Cheers!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.