I want to start using pay pal. I selected yes and put in my

I want to start using pay pal. I selected yes and put in my info, however. When I go to book an appointment, it does not send a pop up message saying that your appointment has been booked or a request to pay with pay pal. It says in setting that to yes it should send a reqest to pay pal payment, but it doesn't do anything. It just goes straight to pending in my appointments although my automatic appointments is selected.

what do i need to do to make pay pal happen?
I have enabled access and this is my dummy multisite website. i have been playing with http://www.hlsched.com/ph.
thanks,
matt

• Mattbkelly
    • WordPress Warrior

that makes much more sense. I wonder if that should be clear in the General Tab. thanks

However, I don't get a confirmation message via pop up or email if I don't want to pay through pay pal. The appointment just gets set up as pending. how can in directly go to confirmed?

If someone cancals their appointment, can the payment be refunded without fees?

thanks
    matt

• Mattbkelly
    • WordPress Warrior

I really do not understand how to have this Market place work with my appointments. Is there a way with our without other plugins to have your appointments page look the same with using marketplace and than after you book an appointment it sends everything to confirmed (clients get the pop up confirmation and email). then if they want to pre pay they can pay and it shows as paid in appointments?
    thanks,
    matt

• Mattbkelly
    • WordPress Warrior

Any chance Someone can weigh in on this before the weekend? So I have a clue of how to work this out. To refresh. I need my app + page to LOOK (the marketpress added some strange store stuff) and act the same when booking. The appointment needs to be confirmed for everyone with pop up saying it has been confirmed and email sent out. The only addition to that is that I would like to give people the option of paying ahead of time after being confirmed. Is this possible? I am still using http://www.hlsched.com/ph as a demo.
    thank you,
    matt

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, Matt!

However, I don't get a confirmation message via pop up or email if I don't want to pay through pay pal. The appointment just gets set up as pending. how can in directly go to confirmed?

If your user is using a manual payment in lieu of PayPal, the appointment needs to be manually confirmed by the admin or the service provider. This is designed this way so admins can wait to confirm the appointment until the payment is received.

If someone cancals their appointment, can the payment be refunded without fees?

With PayPal, I don't think so, I believe PayPal always charges a fee for a refund or chargeback.

I really do not understand how to have this Market place work with my appointments. Is there a way with our without other plugins to have your appointments page look the same with using marketplace and than after you book an appointment it sends everything to confirmed (clients get the pop up confirmation and email). then if they want to pre pay they can pay and it shows as paid in appointments?

Appointments+ and MarketPress integration works a little differently than just charging for an appointment. With MarketPress, a new "product" page is created with your current appointments schedule. With this setup, individual or blocks of appointments can be added to a shopping cart and purchased, rather than paying for a single appointment via PayPal. Basically, it expands your options a bit in terms of how many appointments can be purchased at once, and how many payment gateways you have available. It does give you a slightly different page, but that's because we need the extra MarketPress features here for it to work properly.

also any way to use square instead of pay pal? If the person cancels will the payment be automatically refunded?

With MarketPress integration, yes, as Stripe is one of our included payment gateways in MarketPress. Making paid appointments without MarketPress limits you to just PayPal, however. Refunds should trigger automagically, but can still take some time to go through. (I think PayPal is usually instant, most cc payments take a week or more for a refund to be credited to an account.)

Hope this helps explain things a bit more, Matt!

• Mattbkelly
    • WordPress Warrior

the problem is that my clients are used to making the appointment and immediately getting a confirmation email. They usually make the appointment the same day and I am doing treatments and do not have time to sit around hitting confirmed. It there no way to add a payment function and get an immediate confirmation pop up and email?
    thanks,
    matt

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Mattbkelly,

It there no way to add a payment function and get an immediate confirmation pop up and email?

We could try changing line 1547 of appointments/appointments.php, from this:

!$price && !$paypal_price // Free appointment ...

To this:

$price && $paypal_price // Free appointment ...

Could you give that a try please? (After making a backup of the file, just to be safe) :slight_smile:

Please advise,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Mattbkelly, my apologies for the delay here!

After doing a bit of testing on my end, I've got the solution for getting paid appointments auto-confirmed for you. You'll need to edit line 1536 of appointments/appointments.php from this:

if ( 'yes' != $this->options["payment_required"] && isset( $this->options["auto_confirm"] ) && 'yes' == $this->options["auto_confirm"] )

To this:

if ( isset( $this->options["auto_confirm"] ) && 'yes' == $this->options["auto_confirm"] )

Using our PayPal Sandbox credentials, I was able to get a confirmation email sent my way. :slight_smile:

As for getting a confirmation email sent the service provider's way, I see that you've got "Send Notification to admin if confirmation is required" set to "Yes". You're still seeing other WordPress emails, correct?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Mattbkelly
    • WordPress Warrior

I am not sure we are on the right page. Yes I do want paid appointments to show up in appointments plus as PAID but mostly I want:

When a client first books an appointment and I am using pay pay, I need the email to the client to go out which means the PHP code needs to be adjusted so that the booked appointment status is CONFIRMED and not PENDING.

Is there a way to recode it to do that?
    I need the client only to have the option of paying through Paypal and not required, but still sync with Appointments plus if they chose to pay through Paypal.

thank you
    matt

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Matt,

When a client first books an appointment and I am using pay pay, I need the email to the client to go out which means the PHP code needs to be adjusted so that the booked appointment status is CONFIRMED and not PENDING.

Is there a way to recode it to do that?

I assume you are referring Paypal as pay pay.

This is the way the Appointments plugin works but for that you have to configure the appointments Payment and Notifications settings on the following path.

Admin Area -> Appointments -> Settings -> General -> Payment Settings

Admin Area -> Appointments -> Settings -> General -> Notifications Settings

I need the client only to have the option of paying through Paypal and not required, but still sync with Appointments plus if they chose to pay through Paypal.

But then how will you decode for which service/service providers, date , time the appointment is booked for?

If that was a question of did your iyt appointment get changed to Confirmed, it did not. It still is showing as Pending.

This is because you have still not configured the Payment Settings on your site on the following path as displayed in the attached screenshot.

Admin Area -> Appointments -> Settings -> General -> Payment Settings

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Sorry i was testing on your site http://www.hlsched.com/

I have tested it on your site http://www.hlsched.com/ph and found the settings are correct.

Have you set the paypal IPN link in your paypal account for the site http://www.hlsched.com/ph ?

Just for your information, your IPN link is: http://www.hlsched.com/ph/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=app_paypal_ipn

You will find more information about paypal IPN on the following pages.

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/ipn/integration-guide/IPNSetup/
    https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/products/instant-payment-notification/

I thought paypal and appointments plus synced. if the person pays on Paypal, doesn't it change Appointments plus to PAID?

Yes it is but you have to initiate the transaction from the appointments page and not directly from the paypal account which i thought you wanted to achieve.

• Mattbkelly
    • WordPress Warrior

Hello Micheal. Even after changing both codes, It still doesn't confirm the appointment. I think you may be trying to change the paid appointments from paypal. I need to change the code so that:

When a client first books an appointment and I am using pay pay (appointments - general - require pmt - yes), I need the email to the client to go out which means the PHP code needs to be adjusted so that the booked appointment status is CONFIRMED and not PENDING.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Mattbkelly,

You're right, we'll need to back up a bit here. :slight_smile:

Ordinarily, when a appointment has been successfully paid for via PayPal, it'd be marked as "paid". However, if something goes wrong with the IPN response, then the appointment will remain marked as "pending" (even though the payment has been successfully paid for).

As my colleague Vinod asked, you've already set up this URL inside of PayPal as your IPN URL:

http://www.hlsched.com/ph/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=app_paypal_ipn

Right? :slight_smile:

If so, then could you please send in the following:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Complete IPN response & status codes from your IPN History for the PayPal account tied to this site
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Mattbkelly
    • WordPress Warrior

I just sent you a note via your email. Here's what I have been asking:
    I have not tried to pay for an sppointment yet. That is not my question. I want to change the pho code do that I have two options. Pay online and pay in person. I take same day sppointments and can not sit around and manually confirm Appointments. And my clients need an automatic confirmation email sent to them so they can put it in there outlook. I need an automatic confirmation email sent to them so they can put it in there outlook. I need to change the php so that when I have paypal set up the sppointment gets confirmed. Then if they chose to pay by PayPal, the appointment is changed from confined to paid. The is critical for my business. Thank you

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Mattbkelly,

I need an automatic confirmation email sent to them so they can put it in there outlook. I need to change the php so that when I have paypal set up the sppointment gets confirmed.

When paying via PayPal, the code I mentioned here would do that:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/i-want-to-start-using-pay-pal-i-selected-yes-and-put-in-my#post-839149

The problem we have here though, is that there's something about your site (perhaps the hosting?) that's blocking PayPal from telling Appointments+:

Hey, I've received the payment from your customer, here's the details of the transaction so you can change the status of the appointment!

That's the point of digging into the IPN side of things here on your site. I'd be more than glad to dig into it further for you, but as mentioned in the email, I'm going to need the WordPress network admin & FTP access details for your site in order to find out what's keeping PayPal from giving Appointments+ the information it needs.

(I mentioned WordPress admin details in the email before, but as you're running a Multisite here, I'll need the network admin details)

Please send those details, so I can take care of that. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Mattbkelly
    • WordPress Warrior

I just made an appointment and paid for through PayPal. Everything worked fine. I got all the receipts of payer and payee. I received the confirmation of appointment as well. Again this is not what I have been asking. Sorry for the confusion. My real question is how to change the PHP so that every appointment is confirmed when using the PayPal

• Mattbkelly
    • WordPress Warrior

I also just checked the appointments. It is marked as paid. Do see something else that the IPN is not doing?

Are you saying that the code that you send should be sending something to Pay Pal to mark all my appointments as confirmed through the IPN? Regardless if they decide to click and pay now.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Matt,

Hope you're doing well today!

When requiring payment, the appointments should be automatically changing to "Confirmed" as soon as payment is confirmed from PayPal - which as Mike mentioned is done via the IPN url.

I've attached a screenshot of the IPN url, make sure you copy and paste that into PayPal via:

My Account > Profile > My selling tools > Instant payment notification.

If you have that set and it's still not working then go to:

My account > History > IPN history. and check what the issue is with the IPN calls, it should give you an error number there.

Look forward to hearing back on this Matt!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Just to answer this part directly:

Are you saying that the code that you send should be sending something to Pay Pal to mark all my appointments as confirmed through the IPN? Regardless if they decide to click and pay now.

Your appointment will only get marked "confirmed" if the payment is successful.

• Mattbkelly
    • WordPress Warrior

Here is a screen shot of my API account. It worked fine to receive pmt and marked the appointment to paid.

Tylor, thanks for chiming in but I am wanting to change the appointments PHP code so that every appointment when using paypal is confirmed before it gets sent to paypal. I only want my clients to have an option to pay with paypal after the make an appointment. Most of my clients will pay me in person.
    thanks

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Matt,

Thanks for your reply!

Oh okay, so it's marking it as paid in Appointments+ then? I think I misunderstood there, was thinking it was only saying paid in PayPal but then still pending in Appointments+.

As for auto-confirming all appointments. I'm wondering if maybe integrating appointments+ with MarketPress would be a better solution for you? Then you could have manual payments and PayPal both as a payment option.

Manual payments by default still wants you to mark the order as "paid" then it reflects that in Appointments+; however, if you wanted to auto-mark them as paid then you could use this customization: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/appointments-marketpress-autoconfirm-manual-payments#post-812973

If you do still just want to mark all appointments as confirmed right away(no marketpress) then you should be able to just drop Jude's code from the following thread into your functions.php: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/appointments-marketpress-autoconfirm-manual-payments#post-811397

Hope that helps Matt, let us know if you still have further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Matt,

If you want it to confirm whether they pay through paypal or not, then you can use the mu-plugin I've attached. Just unzip that and upload the file to your /wp-content/mu-plugins/ folder :slight_smile:

If you want to use the method with MarketPress, where you have a manual and paypal option, then you can do the edit to the manual-payment.php file inside MarketPress that Jude explained here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/appointments-marketpress-autoconfirm-manual-payments#post-812973

The code the member posted below it looks like it would include sending the confirmation email too :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, the second option there requires editing plugin files, so you would need to make those edits after each update.

Hope one of those does the trick for you Matt! I believe the first option is exactly what you were initially looking for.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Mattbkelly
    • WordPress Warrior

Thank you so much Tyler and Micheal for all your help with this. This is exactly what I wanted. It even changes from confirmed to paid after payment.
    The only think it lacks is the pop up box saying your appointment has be confirmed. Is there anyway to at least hove the pay pal button act and look like the same pop up message but add the message that if you want to prepay for your appoointment through pay pal, click her. This screenshot is what I have now and I am afraid that most people will miss it.

thanks,
    matt

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Matt,

We should be able to get that working for you too, I can ask Jude what customization would be needed to his original code to trigger that pop up too :slight_smile: before I do that though, I have a workaround that you might be interested in. Using Pop Up Pro, for the confirmation Pop up, gives you more control over pop up content/stylization.

You could have it trigger the Popup when the confirm appointment button is clicked. To do this you would need to activate the "Javascript events" add-on. Then use this for your CSS class trigger: .appointments-confirmation-button Screenshot attached.

The issue with this is that it will popup whenever that button is clicked, so if for some reason they don't fill in all the fields and there is an error then it will still pop up when clicked - just thought it might be a cool workaround though if you were interested!

Look forward to hearing back.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Mattbkelly
    • WordPress Warrior

I Will definitely look into the pop up. I love learning all about it. But it probably will be better to have correct information so that emails go out for the people that may not read and are new. I Have quite a few non-computer users as clients. I have to be smart so they can be stupid. It is been great working with you on this. Thank you for all your input.

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey @Mattbkelly

Just giving you an updated version of the file Tyler shared with you. We've added in some code that'll give you an alert popup as soon as a user confirms an appointment and its successfully registered by the system.

Simply extract the zip file and replace the original mu-plugin file from earlier.

Have a great day!!

Cheers
    Jude

• Mattbkelly
    • WordPress Warrior

That works perfectly. thank you. Also, is there a way to change the format of the Pay pal button? I have changed the texted, but I was hoping to make it look like a paypal button or something that jumps out at you that also says Prepay with paypal.
    thanks,
    matt

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Mattbkelly,

We can change the background color of the submit button, using this CSS code:

input.app_submit_btn {
        background: #FEE1A5;
     background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #FFF, #FEE1A5 50%, #FFB829 51%,
    #FEE1A5 95%, #FEE1A5);
     background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom,
    color-stop(0, #FFF), color-stop(.5, #FEE1A5), color-stop(.51, #FFB829),
    color-stop(.95, #FEE1A5), color-stop(.96, #FEE1A5), to(#FEE1A5));
    }

How does that look to you? :slight_smile:

Please advise,
    Michael

P.S. Code credit goes to visitsteve.com:

http://visitsteve.com/made/diy-paypal-buttons/

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Matt,

Hope you're having a great weekend!

I just tested this on my install and it seemed to work as expected. It could be that you have other styles overriding it, can you place the "!important" declaration on the styles. Normally we don't want to use that but it can sometimes be a necessary evil:

input.app_submit_btn {
     background: #FEE1A5 !important;
     background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #FFF, #FEE1A5 50%, #FFB829 51%,
    #FEE1A5 95%, #FEE1A5) !important;
     background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom,
    color-stop(0, #FFF), color-stop(.5, #FEE1A5), color-stop(.51, #FFB829),
    color-stop(.95, #FEE1A5), color-stop(.96, #FEE1A5), to(#FEE1A5)) !important;
    }

if that doesn't work do you mind granting support access again? Then we can have a look :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.