I want to use the "Product" theme to build my multisite.

Hello,

I want to use the "Product" theme to build my multisite. Can the developer use a front-end framework like HTML5 boilerplate to customized this theme or can the theme be customized without using a front-end framework? I would think using a front-end framework would be easier for the developer?

Can someone please let me know?

Thanks!

Janet

• Janet

Hello Vinod,

I guess you mean that if he does not know the front-end framework, it will take time for him to learn the front-end framework and implement the framework? So, it is faster for him to build the website if he already knows the front-end framework? Or you mean it will take him longer to customize the Product theme without using a framework?

Another quick question, does the product theme already has HTML5/CSS3? Or would the developer need to implement this using the HTML5 Boilerplate framework? I am concerned about cross browser compatability.

Thanks for your help!

Janet

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Janet,

Thank you for your reply.

I guess you mean that if he does not know the front-end framework, it will take time for him to learn the front-end framework and implement the framework?

Yes

So, it is faster for him to build the website if he already knows the front-end framework?

Yes

Or you mean it will take him longer to customize the Product theme without using a framework?

It depends on what you want to customize in the product theme. If you only want to make small customization then it's better not to use front-end framework but if you want to do complex customization related to the theme front end like making it responsiveness, cross browser compatible etc. then go for using front-end framework.

Another quick question, does the product theme already has HTML5/CSS3?

No it doesn't.

Or would the developer need to implement this using the HTML5 Boilerplate framework? I am concerned about cross browser compatability.

The developer can use it or any other framework he is familiar with.

We try to get to most initial requests within an hour, but depending on the issue additional followup can take longer. Keep in mind it can take more than 4 hours to hear back from us.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Janet

Ok. Thank you very much. This info has helped me a lot. Another quick question, would your wpmu themes say it on the description whether it is responsive or not?

If the theme is responsive, would it automatically be cross browser compatible or it would still need to be customized to be cross browser compatible even though it is a responsive theme?

If the theme is responsive, is a front-end framework still recommended for complex customization?

Thanks!

Janet

• Janet

Hello Vinod,

I think it i better that I have the site built with the Genesis Framework and their child theme. This way I don't have to worry about converting the WPMU theme into a genesis child theme.

Quick question:

Can I add any of the WPMU plugins to my genesis website? I think the answer is yes but I want to doule check with you. Obviously I will have the multisite feature turned on on my Genesis website.

Thanks,

Janet

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Janet,

Another quick question, would your wpmu themes say it on the description whether it is responsive or not?

Yes it describes whether it is responsive or not like this theme https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/simplemarket/

If the theme is responsive, would it automatically be cross browser compatible or it would still need to be customized to be cross browser compatible even though it is a responsive theme?

Responsive and cross browser compatible are two different things so it doesn't mean if the theme is responsive then it would automatically be cross browser compatible or vice versa.

For more information visit the following pages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-browser
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsive_web_design

If the theme is responsive, is a front-end framework still recommended for complex customization?

It is recommended but it's not mandatory.

Can I add any of the WPMU plugins to my genesis website?

Yes you can.

Cheers,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Janet

Vinod,

If I select the simplemarket theme to be customized and the Genesis framework is not used, then which framework is recommended for your WPMU themes?

The other option is for me to have the website built with the Genesis Framework and their child theme and have the WPMU plugins implemented later when the multisite feature is turned on. My question is if I get the website built with a Genesis theme, will it have a multisite functionality if the multisite feature is turned on? I just want to sell a template to users on this site so I want to make sure I have the multisite functionality.

The other option like you said is to have the WPMU theme converted to a genesis child theme. But I am concerned that this is not done properly and it is not going to work properly. This is why I was thinking of having the website built with Genesis Framework and their child theme and then turn on the multisite feature.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you very much.

Janet

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Janet,

If I select the simplemarket theme to be customized and the Genesis framework is not used, then which framework is recommended for your WPMU themes?

I don't recommend any framework instead i recommend you to develop child theme of it.

My question is if I get the website built with a Genesis theme, will it have a multisite functionality if the multisite feature is turned on

Yes it will have a multisite functionality if it is turned on.

This is why I was thinking of having the website built with Genesis Framework and their child theme and then turn on the multisite feature.

Yes you can turn on multisite feature and develop child theme of Genesis Framework. You can also implement functionality from other theme in to Genesis child theme.

Cheers,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.