I wan't to use WPMUDEV Chat plugin to provide chat support

I want to use WPMUDEV Chat plugin to provide chat support to potential customers landing on my site.

I don’t want them to register on my site to user chat support.

I am so far unable to find any option in WPMUDEV Chat plugin to allow guest to use this without registration / login.

Could you please let me know how to do it?

If it is not possible, how can I add its feature request?

Thanks

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @monetizer

Chat is not available for visitors. But visitors who doesn't have an account in your site, must provide their name and email address to participate in chat (to avoid spamming).

An user need to click on the top right settings icon > login > and provide name and email.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers

Ash

• monetizer
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ash,

Thank you for the details.

I was able to set the login form as default to avoid this situation.

I have further 2 questions:

1. How can I set the chat to be private by default, so Admin can talk to each user individually as I don’t want the chat to be seen by everyone?

2. How can I add a label to box such as “Click here for help..” as currently it doesn’t seems like a chat box and people might not even notice that.

3. How can I enable file transfers via chat?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @monetizer

I hope you are well today.

1. How can I set the chat to be private by default, so Admin can talk to each user individually as I don’t want the chat to be seen by everyone?

Admin can initiate a chat when you have buddypress installed. Then you can go to his profile and initiate chat. Also, the friends can initiate one-to-one chat.

2. How can I add a label to box such as “Click here for help..” as currently it doesn’t seems like a chat box and people might not even notice that.

There is no option I think, but what you can do is to write some instructions using screenshot above the chat box in that chat page.

3. How can I enable file transfers via chat?

This is not possible out of the box I am afraid. Your users can upload the files in any third party file sharing service and paste the public link in the chat window.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers

Ash

• monetizer
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ash,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I think I didn’t made question 1 clear, let me try again.

I want to make the default behavior of chat to be private so that whenever a guest visits my site (enters his name and email), and logins… he can only talk to admin and he should not be able to see all the chatroom messages but only the chat between him and admin.

I want each user to only chat to admin, so when they initiate chat… only admin can see the messages and reply to each and every person… more likely as a live support desk.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.