I want user to be able to sell there own products

Here my problem I am trying to setup this site for user to be able to signup and sell there own products. I have setup multisite and I am using marketpress and I using easy blogger plugin membership plugin pro site plugin http://www.captainebooks.com this the site link. When i use the membership register they user it doesnt give the option to setup there own site. When I use built in register it easy blogger easy mode is not working. I got to get this working together somehow and need some help please any ideals and I can provide logins if requested.

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey Dustin,

Welcome to the Community!

This would be much easier if I could just take a look inside, please give me a super admin login.

Send it via our contact forums: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact in the following format:

Subject: “Attn: Arun Basil Lal / Login Details”

In the Body, include the link to this post, this one:

(The link is important, so that I can find this thread later and give you a response) : https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/i-want-user-to-be-able-to-sell-there-own-products

Looking forward to it. Thanks!

• militarymama
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Dustin,

I just got my site up and am in the midst of playing with adding another site. So I can write step by step instructions on how to get their store up and running. Oh how I wish WPMU had step by step instructions on how to do it. It would have saved tons of time, I’m talking days and days.

Anyway, I noticed the new sites (Members) don’t have plugin capability. Scratch that- I found out how to add plugin for members.

• militarymama

It’s taken me over 3 months to get things going. I am NOT a techie, it’s my first site build.

http://www.militarymamasmarketplace.com

I thought I would have it up and running, still in testing phase. Lots of stuff to do.

Mine is geared towards stay at home moms and homeschoolers.

Many are not technical, trying to figure out how to make it super easy for them to understand how to set up a website, it is going to be challenging!

If I keep running into issues just with the test site (New prosite Member ), I just can’t imagine what they will have to go through? That’s why I HAVE to have very easy step by step instructions on how to set up.

Are you using a Marketpress with a Prosite and chained payments?

For me I don’t care if I have a cookie cutter site and all the stores basically look the same. I just want to get this thing up and running!

• militarymama

Did you already get approved with API credentials for PayPal? It took 40 days for my approval! I know for some it has only taken a week.

If you haven’t been approved to save time You have to have PayPal information on your site. Go to my site and see what I have. You can take the info from mine. The only thing I didn’t change was that the MAIN site owner is responsible for refunds. That is something that I have to change, which was PAYPAL request.

SO you want people to become members to sell, and pay a yearly or monthly fee, correct? And you want to make a % off of each e-book sold, correct?

Have you built a website before or is this your first?

• dustin_lifford
    • Flash Drive

I like to have it working before i setup paypal but I know the procedure on the chain payments part of it So i can get approved quickly. When a user registers it list them as a user but there site is only listed under the super admin not the user account they or I for now setup

• militarymama

Humm…I know that I had issues with this too see when i registered on yours it redirects me to setup the monthly fee mine will not do that how did you get that to work Let me think for a bit and refresh my memory….I have to go back through my notes, I’ll get back to you ASAP

I have been learning a lot and read bunches because this is ALL new to me. It’s be challenging for me the whole way. LOTS of TEARS and determination too!

Gosh no wonder programmers make a bundle!

• militarymama

You don’t have your Prosite set up correctly. You are correct that it didn’t take me to the PAY to become a member.

Hey how did you get this look? See captain

Do you have your site set to LIVE?

Do you have the PayPAL Api Credentials set in both the Prosite Settings and the Marketpress? This is where I had the issue

You can NOT do this before PAYPAL Api. believe me I tried everything.

I just realized that you said you don’t have PayPAl approval yet.

Gotta have that first. Did you already register with x.com?

• militarymama

I hear you- It was frustrating for me too. I wish that it would have been easier to go through the steps. It took a few days sometimes to her back.

My husband is a computer programmer and he wanted me to do this on my own, which I did for the most part. He had no idea how things were working either.

My site is just about there and don’t want to give up now.

How the whole site came about was that I have many military friends and they are constantly looking for ways to make money. I wanted to allow them and others to open a store. My biggest desire is to give back to the military.

What is ETSY script?

I have my e-books on my other site http://www.householdhelps.com

How did you get your captain page to look like the above attachment?

Oh one other issue with chained payments, which I found out today is that you can not allow several items to be put in a cart and check out at the main site.

You have to put a footer on the bottom of the page, which you totally can’t see to bring back to the main site. (See my site or the test site under it)

The customer will have to make several purchases, kind of like a mall. I’m writing up an introduction page now, that will talk about my E-MARKET MALL, has SEVERAL E-Stores in it, blah…blah… to tell them they will have to make a purchase from each of the stores, but it won’t be able to be checked out at one time.

This is what I’m talking about, if this was stated upfront instead of hidden, I might have decided at the beginning NOT to do it, but after putting so much money into it I had to keep going.

There is NO link that is posted on ALL the members sites which goes in the bar for the HOME button to bring back to the MAIN site. I just don’t get that part? That should be standard. It’s a footer plugin- com’on really?

Oh when I first started this too…I thought that the new members would actually be listing on my main site and it wouldn’t be their actual website. Now it will take me a much longer time. I have the categories already set up on my main site only to find out that each member will make their own categories. I just don’ get that part either.

I’m hoping this will be successful and it won’t be a search and seizure all the time, like I have been doing.

• dustin_lifford
    • Flash Drive

I have tried sandbox mode they just need to reply to me and tell me what to do to fix it there all kinds of issues going on. that an option in pro sites setting and you click Display an option on the signup page that how I did that one. That how I made it work like that on How did you get your captain page to look like the above attachment? Etsy script is so you can setup a site just like etsy but it yours it more complicated than wordpress then again doing this is far more complicated than even it. LOL.

• militarymama

Can you post a pic of where that display button is?

In the sandbox we/I couldn’t get that member site working. We did the testing after the Api Approval.

I never heard of ETSY script…gosh I would have searched that.

Are you an actual programmer?

My husband does the CSS, PHP, WP, Java Script, .NET…

I’m wondering if ETSY script.. would have been easier. Is it expensive?

WordPress is easy. Part of this site is that you truly have to be a programmer they don’t gear it to the STAY at home mom LOL

• militarymama

Do I need buddypress for this? I downloaded it and have no idea how to use it. How do they build their own website, are you saying that if I have gridmarket theme I will set up the “Look” and they have to go with it and just display their products?

• militarymama

I just watched the video! I am so pumped you just answered a whole bunch of issues with this. I will actually have their sites set up and they just add their products!

So excited, I was actually so frustrated today! You totally made my day!!!!!!

Well, first because of the chained payment issue and having to have people make several purchases from sites.

Oh my gosh I don’t have to go step by step and explain every scenario of how to get their site up and running!!!!

• dustin_lifford
    • Flash Drive

http://captainebooks.com/ sorry to leave you hanging but I had to get that site working today and I did LOL. Here a quick explanation first you need to create a site in your multisite and set it up with all the options you want your user to have then figure out what the site id is to do this you can go to network admin and click sites hover over the template the url comes up at the bottom the number in it is all you need it the site id number then go to setting blog templates use that number you found and put it in blog id give it a name and desc then click the first 3 options WordPress Settings, Current Theme, and Active Plugins Posts and Pages Categories, Tags, and Links do not click user or files click create blog template it will appear up top and click make default and that it dont enable Show templates selection on registration unless you want them to use more than one template. and that it. I am telling you set up in a day what taken you a few months they really need to break this down better. But it would be a 20 page thesis on how to do it. Now to get chain payments approved and launch this site good luck to you.

• militarymama

Wow…That is FANTASTIC! You must be pretty much pro :0)

I had to print and read a lot.

I can’t wait to see your website up and running. I have many many connections with e-bookers.Many homeschoolers write their own materials and sell them for others. Of course they are at a very low price :0)

Hey if you know crafters or people who want to sell items online send them my way too. I am not doing e-books on my site.

I’ll have to try to tackle the information you gave me and see if I can get that going today. I have many things in my pot today. I have to finish my book this week #21!

Also hubby will be teaching a homeschool group. I wish there was a cheap way to do video teaching and have members pay for the classes, kind of like adding the classes you want to shopping cart. You can view live or view later. That would be ULTIMATE!

Lets hope you are one to get approved quickly for your Api Credentials.

• militarymama

Yeah…I did it, now to add a test membership site. Thank you for all of your help.

I love your template, what template are you using?

Did you add code to get your cart on the left?

I love how you put paypal in the footer…how can I do that instead of misc. tag on my Pages?

Truthfully tell me when you will be up and running so I can pass the info on to my e-book friends. What will your yearly fee be and will you be making a percentage of the sales too?

Rhonda

• dustin_lifford
    • Flash Drive

Not sure what template your using but most of what your wanting today is done in widgets you can find that under appearances. There no yearly fee it just a percentage of the sales. And I am hoping by the first of next week to be up and running. It got conditionally approved whatever that means. I used the gridmarket them in framemarket. Then modified it to work how I needed it too.

• militarymama

Dustin,

I am totally frustrated….HELP. The blog template isn’t working for me. The settings aren’t correct. I must be doing something wrong.

How did you get the new members sites to look the way you wanted them to?

When I register as a new member it actually picks up all of my main admin info. I did make a new membership template too. I have no idea what I am doing.

I’m just getting back to this because we had an emergency and had to go to Pennsylvania for several days.

Did you get your API paypal approval?

Rhonda

• dustin_lifford
    • Flash Drive

Hi a bit late to this discussion, but I have downloaded this tutorial, it gives you all the plugins, code and details to set up a Etsy-like store using Marketpress and multisite. It may help you..:slight_smile: this is a free download…http://mp-frontend.info/wordpress-marketplace-tutorial/build-an-etsyebay-like-marketplace/

Military Mama This tutorial posted by clarity web will help you a bunch it has everything step by step and the files you need. Hope that helps

• militarymama

Hi,

Did you end up purchasing their plug in? Do you like it? I’m thinking about purchasing is, just not sure. I have been trying to get them to answer on their forum too….not much help. It takes days everywhere. I would even pay at this point to have someone skype with me or connect into my computer. I’m ready to give up….

Do you have your site up and running, I can’t wait? I will be posting my books there. I just finished my 23rd unit book yesterday!!

I would love to know how to do an iApp for them so the students can just type/write their answers in. It would make them more interactive… I guess that will be my next project as soon as I get this site up.

• militarymama

Hi,

Hoping you can give me input again. I need to know if you have ProSites?

I purchased the other one that you gave me and it’s working, but I don’t know how to do the Prosite with it. It’s allowing the user to register and list products without having to pay with paypal for their yearly or monthly fee.

I basically started all over from the beginning. Theme Tailors made it easy to follow step by step.

Thanks for that link.

Rhonda

• militarymama

Did you want to use Prosites, were you originally planning on having them pay a monthly fee or yearly fee to register as a member to sell on your site?

I’m hoping that I can get a developer to help with the programming. If you want this I will pass the info on to you. I thought originally you wanted Prosites?

Did you get your Api credentials yet?

• militarymama

See attached:

I was also wondering how do I change the working on the bottom of the one and the URL on the other, which is located on the top?

I know that I have to change the background color from black to gray, I just can't remember how I did that on my main site. It takes me a very long time.

• militarymama

'm so excited!

Ok it looks like the Prosite does work with the Frontend. I'm not sure how it happened, but we were working with it last night and it's working.

It doesn't give the option as the first thing they see before they begin to enter products, however when they go to list their products they receive the package (Level) page. Yippee!

But I'm getting this when we try to purchase something from the store, see attached: checkouterro

Am I supposed to put the new registration's paypal email? If so, Is there a way to set it automatically?

I'm almost there. Please help. You might know

The other thing from the TTFrontend:

how do I change the color at the bottom of the template page?

I want it to have the same color as my main site militarymama

See attached:

I was also wondering how do I change the wording on the bottom of the page: see attached linkwidgerwording

the URL on the other, which is located on the top. :See attached whereisurlpartofthis

• dustin_lifford
    • Flash Drive

I think the error is due to you using the same paypal email to test with that is the main paypal email. They will be able to setup there paypal email once the setup the store. They dont have to register with it. The whereisurlpartforthis.jpg is in the header.php file the wording you want to change is in the footer.php. To make the template match yours you will need to modify it first to use the frontend plugin then use the same theme.

• militarymama

There was a problem connecting to PayPal to setup your purchase. Please try again.

• 579040 – The receivers militarymamasmarketplace@gmail.com and militarymamasmarketplace@gmail.com can’t belong to the same PayPal account

Happens when we go to check out with paypal when a product is purchased. I don’t know where to change it. It’s from the TTFront end. Is this where the store owners e-mail goes? If so, where do we need to change it? We need to know where the code goes in for autoset up with ID blog number.

I’m almost there. We have the Prosite working and got it to go into the correct area. The last part is the PayPal issue. Then I need some testers to see if they have issues.

Thanks for your input!

• militarymama

So are you saying don’t put an e-mail in? How does Paypal know which account it goes into?

Let me try what you said again to see what happens.

Sorry to keep buggin on you. I totally appreciate your help. Let me know when you are up and running so I can send people your way.

Rhonda

• dustin_lifford
    • Flash Drive

No they can use any email to signup once they sign up if it setup right they will be able to change it when they manage their store and setup payment to there paypal email. And I am waiting on the customer still to get his paypal account verified everything else is ready just waiting on him. LOL

• militarymama

If they are able to load on the front end, how do they enter their e-mail. The only option that is allowed is to enter products into the store. I am totally confused…which doesn’t take much.

So for the API paypal you filled out your form on x.com, correct? Mine took 40 days…phew.

• militarymama

Yeah!!!! I got my site done it’s ready to go! It’s taken me since April.

It’s an ETSY type store with a Marketpress/Pro site membership and TT Frontend for the member!!!

I need testers to please purchase the yearly membership for .01

and add an item for .10

I am amazed because I have NEVER EVER done a site before. With all of your help I —Me– I was able to build it. The last few days I did need my fantastic programmer to work on it. It was waaaay over my head for the things I wanted him to do.

Please let me know if you would be willing.

• militarymama

Dustin- Did you get your API Credentials yet? Please let me know as soon as you do.

What % are you charging for the sale of ebooks? Have you checked out currclick.com

that’s one that I use.

I will list my books with you. I have 23. I’m working on another over the next few weeks.

Rhonda

• militarymama

I had an issue after I updated the marketpress. It took me several days to get it worked out. We found an old file that we had before the updates, which was a good thing.

We are working on the coupon part to hopefully get 100 new members so they can register free for 1 year. If you know of anyone send them my way.

They can sell anything they would on e-bay including hand-made crafts, books, vintage and more.

I’ll be sure to blast your info out as soon as you give me the go ahead.

Rhonda

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.