Chat page listing for BP

Hi,

i was advised to open a new thread on the following :
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/buddypress-creates-default-pages-namely-members

Basically to have a page or "shortcode" that can be applied to a page that would list all chats in a BuddyPress community.

- the idea being, this would be more efficient in a BP community site to allow members to find and join a chat rather than fishing through all the groups to see which group created a chat room.
- i am also thinking that the "shortcode" or page would also have the same options as the currently available "WordPress Chat Rooms" widget.
i.e.
- "show active user count"
- "include session types"
- "show link title from chat session or the page/group"

any kind assistance in this would be greatly appreciated.

kind regards,

RC.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Randall,

Thanks for the suggestion! That's a very cool idea, I think it would be super useful too. Showing a list with user count would likely increase participation quite a bit.

I'll move this to the feature request area so the dev will be notified as well and can add it to their list :slight_smile:

If you think of any other features or feedback on this just add it here. hopefully some other members can chime in as well and let us know what they think.

Thanks again, have a great weekend!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.