I was asked to post this here...so...ok I guess? I was

I was asked to post this here...so...ok I guess? I was wondering why there wasn't an actual blog theme in the new upfront theme set. Seems like it should be pretty standard, considering that this is, in fact, WordPress. I know people want to do a million things with it, but a solid blog theme seems like not a a lot to ask. I get you can edit the other themes to do whatever, but it's a waste of time, frankly.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Sinjen,

Hope you're doing well today!

The 3 themes we have so far are just the beginning :slight_smile: we have a lot more currently in development and planned for development. Thanks for your feedback here. I'll pass your request on.

As you mention, for now, you can setup the home page to have a basic blogging feel if you like. The "posts" element makes this pretty quick and easy to do, just remove the default content first then pull place in the posts element and you can add some a sidebar region if you like.

If you need any assistance setting that up just let us know Sinjen :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Sinjen

I understand how to use it. It would just be 100x better to start from a blog oriented theme. I spent a lot of time stripping out everything and just getting a header and post view on the home page and it looks terrible. There are so many beautiful blog/newspaper themes available, and I'm just surprised you didn't release one with your Upfront architecture. I want to use the WPMU Dev plugins etc, which are great, but honestly, for a blog, the 3 new Upfront themes suck.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.