I was trying to fix

I was trying to fix an internal server error 500 by deactivating plugins one by one. When I got to one, my site went down. I restored a one-day-old backup from Dreamhost, but it's still down. Can you please help? I cannot access my site at all, and do not know how to work with FTP through Dreamhost. And I did work in the last day that I do not want too lose, and they say the restore keeps the pre-restore files in a directory named after my site with a timestamp. Thank you.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jason

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I took a liberty of moving your ticket from "Features and Feedback" (which is mostly for suggesting new features for our plugins and services) to a "General WordPress" forum section so we could consider it a support ticket. I hope you don't mind that :slight_smile:

As for the issue. The point of a such a conflict test is to identify which plugin is causing some specific issue. If a site went down after activating one of the plugins, we can assume that this specific plugin - the last one enabled - is likely the source of the problem. It's not always like that but usually it is. Also, if a plugin causes site to go down, in most cases it's enough to disable that plugin via FTP but I understand that if you're not sure how to deal with FTP you couldn't do this.

I'll be happy to assist you with this but I'd need a full access to the site and server to be able to do this. That being said, would you please:

- let me know what was the last plugin that you enabled right before the site went down?
    - provide me with full access credentials so I could investigate the issue and help you fix it

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.