I was wondering if it is possible to have two "Name" Fields

I was wondering if it is possible to have two "Name" Fields for a service? 1 Long Name that will be displayed when a client is picking an appointment from the dropdown list, and a second "Name" in its short form to show up in google calendar. hope i made it sort of clear. the name of the service now is just so long in google calender that it almost doesnt fit in.
thx
luciana

• aristath

Hello again @luciana, I hope you're well today!

I've been following the other thread you're participating on at https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-do-i-sync-existing-appointments-in-appointment-to-my-google-calendar but I'm afraid there currently is no way to do this in the Appointments+ plugin.... Unless of course you do a lot of custom coding and hack the plugin to add an extra field, metadata etc.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• luciana

hi Ari,
    thx for the quick reply. ok, then ill have to take a look if its not that hard ill give it a try.
    a nother question you might be able to help me with is, is it possible to "split" a 90 min appointment in to two 45 min with a free gap of lets say 30 min in between? as an example:
    Cliant A books from 9-1030 a coloring appointment, it takes 45 min to apply the color, then there is a 30 min break where the color has to rest, in this time i could do a mens haircut (30min). this period i would like to be able to show in the front end for booking. hope i made myself clear here
    thx,
    luciana

• pxwm

Hi @luciana

Based on your other post you have set the Google Calendar settings against the 'Service Provider' Wordpress profile.

If I'm correct then you can check the following:-

Login to your Wordpress dashboard using your 'Service Provider' profile login details.

Then click the 'Profile' link in the left hand sidebar to go to the 'Service Provider' profile details.

Then scroll down to the 'Appointments+ Google Calendar API' section and locate the following two fields:-

'Event summary (name)'
    'Event description'

If you using the main A+ 'Google Calendar' tab then the same applies.

These will contain the text and attributes that will show in your Google calendar.

e.g. If you had "SERVICE appointment" in the 'Event summary (name)' field and the name of the SERVICE was say 'Hair cut' then in your Google Calendar the title would say 'Hair Cut Appointment'

There is a list of Attributes you can add to the message at the bottom of the two fields.

I'm assuming you have SERVICE_PROVIDER in one of the two fields.

If you have could you check if you have the bio page set in the A+ 'Service Providers' tab as it may be this you can see.

I hope this helps

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm

Hi @luciana - I've just amended my post

In the screenshot of you appointment could you please confirm what information your DO NOT require.

Is it possible you could send me a screenshot of the followings:-

Assuming you are using the A+ 'Google Calendar' details in the Service Provider profile could you post a screenshot of 'Your single Service Provider Wordpress user profile - I only need the info in the 'Appointments+ Google Calendar API' section

And could you also send me a screenshot of the 'Google calendar' tab.

'Service Providers' tab

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm

Hi @luciana

I've just edited the post - I've just re-read your post and I think I can find a way of removing the actual location but not sure you can remove all the fields you have highlighted in red.
    However I'll check and let you know if you could provide a screenshot of the A+ 'Google Calendar' tab

I think I know how to remove this but would appreciate if you could please send me a screenshot of the A+ 'Google Calendar' tab before I confirm.

Regards
    SteveB

• luciana

Hi SteveB,
    cant believe how simple this can be...thank to your pointing out if managed to find the field. its the first field in google calendar setting, its actually called "Google Calendar Location" :wink:....next time i should read before i should ask. sry.
    but do you actually know where all the information is gatherd in before it is send to the calendar? which file is doing that? maybe i can alter the code a bit so some of the stuff i the red box isnt been send bei A+
    thanks
    luciana

• pxwm

Hi luciana

I'm pleased this is what you were looking for and I could be of assistance.

I've been researching whether all the fields you indicated with a red box can be removed and I'm not sure this is possible as it seems this is how Google calendar manages the appointments.
    I did find some posts on the Google forum requesting an option to 'hide' the fields but it doesn't appear this has been taken up.

I hope that helps

Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.