I will like to place an introductory information at the top of the Q&A page

someone should help me with this please

i would like to place an introductory text at the top of the plug or before the Q&A plugin. please example below

lets assume that this the Q&A plugin, i want the first line to be

first line " welcome to the question and answer section "

--------then the plugin

thanks for helping

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings outest,

Thank you for letting us know about your desire to add text before the Q&A rendering.

This can be accomplished by customizing the Q&A templates as you see fit located in the /wp-content/plugins/qa/default-templates/ folder.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• outest
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe,

i cannot find the /wp-content/plugins/qa/default-templates/ folder. to edit when i click on the edit section on the Q&A plugin from my dashboard. please specified the particular Q&A default-template as there are a lots of default-template in the Q&A plugin.

i also don't know how to code, please give me the code to use and were to put the code so i can sort it out please.

thanks you support

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings outest,

Which version of Q&A are you running?

It had an update and is at Version: 1.2.0.1

please specified the particular Q&A default-template as there are a lots of default-template in the Q&A plugin.

This depends on where you want the "statement" to be placed.

Which specific page do you want " welcome to the question and answer section " placed?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings outest,

To add this to the main page you would want to adjust the archive-question.php file located in the /wp-content/plugins/qa/default-templates/ folder.

For your ease of use I have attached an already modified file in which you may want to upload to the folder mentioned above to include making any adjustments to the text as you desire.

Please advise that you got this under control now.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings outest,

It appear that you have managed to change the text which is a good sign.

Now lets see if you can center it, you have to learn sometime.

The original statement was something like this:
    <h1>Welcome to the question and answer section</h1>

To center it, though it seems to be ignoring my <div align="center" class="style1"> statement, lets go old school on it with something like:

<center><h1>Welcome to the question and answer section</h1></center>

Please advise if that does the job.

Cheers, Joe

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi outest and Joe,

Although Joe's suggestion is valid, we recommend using actions and filters instead. As you add these codes inside your theme (which doesn't usually change), you will be safe against plugin updates.

Q&A has actions for each template it provides. You can see them looking at the template files.

For example adding a custom content to questions page and ask question page can be done as follows:

add_action( 'qa_before_content', 'add_custom_notes' );
    function add_custom_notes( $page ) {
    // $page can be: archive-question, ask-question, edit-answer, edit-question, single-question, user-question

if ( 'archive-question' == $page || 'ask-question' == $page )
    echo "<div style="text-align:center; font-size:24px;font-weight:bold;">Welcome to the question and answer section</div>";

}

Cheers,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.