I working on a website that is going to be filled with

Hello,

Migrating a Large Website with Snapshot Pro.

I working on a website that is going to be filled with several internal links and photo galleries. I'm using a test site for developing the site first before moving it over to the real domain.

I would like to use snapshot to do the migration for me.

The question is if I move it how will the internal links and photo gallery be affected? Will I need to fix the links manually? What should I look for when I migrate a large site onto another domain?

Thanks,
Virgil

• Tyler Postle

Hey Virgil,

Hope you're doing well today!

The question is if I move it how will the internal links and photo gallery be affected?

All links should be replaced with the new domain; however, if you have any links inside your posts/pages/content etc. that you've defined yourself then those will remain to the old domain so you will want to do a search and replace after completing the migration to make sure all urls are replaced. You can use a plugin such as this one for that: https://wordpress.org/plugins/better-search-replace/

That should fix any issues that you may have after the initial migration.

Also, I just want to mention that the migration logic in Snapshot is still in beta. Most members don't have any issues with it, but it's good that you are doing a test migration first :slight_smile: make sure you give your site a good test after migration to make sure it's all working properly before doing the same for your live site.

If you have any further questions just let us know!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.