I would like

I would like to change the business model from Freemium to Free trial. I looked over other similar posts, but they were all at least a few years old - the most relevant to me was from 2012.

I would be interested to remove the free package and only have the free trial. I did some tests on the dev site, and from what I can see, once the trial is over, nothing changes - the website is still online, the plugins are still online, I don't really see how the Free Trial feature works. Also, I couldn't find a setting to notify the user & admin of when the trial would expire. Or a list anywhere on the dashboard with expired websites.
Can you, please, guide me in the right direction?

Thank you.

• Denitsa

Hello Mario,
    I hope you are having an amazing day!

Ok, so when you have the Allow Free Signup checked under Pro Sites -> Settings

your users can create a free site from the beginning by choosing the option "No thank you, I will continue with a basic site for now".

The free level settings are found under Pro Sites -> Settings -> Free Level

You can uncheck the Allow Free Signup box and then the above won't be shown on the signup screen.

If you don't want the free subscription level, you can activate Pro Sites -> Modules -> Pay To Blog. Having that set to active means your users would have to pay before they can start using their site.

The, you'll get a new page under Pro Sites -> Settings -> Pay To Blog where you can set a Checkout message, whether to display the front-end of the site when it's unpaid and the Front End Restricted Message.

The trial settings (enable/disable) are found under Pro Sites -> Settings ->Free Trial),

When the trial expires and the user doesn't upgrade, then the site should revert to the free level and the user loses the Free Trial Level features.

You can control expiration emails (for pro levels expiring) sent out to users under Pro Sites -> Settings -> E-mail Notifications -> Expiration Email

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Warm regards,
    Denitsa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.