I would like gridmarket to default to "Type of header Select one Custom Header or Logo"

I would like to set up my market so that the store owner has as few settings to alter as possible. I would like them to be able to upload a header image from "appearance/header" but I want the other theme options to be hidden. I can hide the "theme options" menu item using another plugin, but if I do that then I need the option "Type of header Select one Custom Header or Logo" to be the default without having to check the radio button. Is there a possible customization which can do this?

I have experimented with removing the other options in the options setup and values so that "Type of header Select one Custom Header or Logo" is the only option, but it doesnt seem to set it as a default. I still need to check the radio button and save.

The reason I want to do this is because adding a header image is potentially confusing for some users as they have to upload an image in one menu and then enable it in another menu.