I would like my Service Providers to be able to Cancel appointments

I am interested in allowing my service providers to be able to cancel confirmed appointments they have in their queue.

I am using the following code:
[app_my_appointments provider="1" status="confirmed,completed,removed" allow_cancel="1" strict="1"]

That displays a table as such: Screenshot

I currently allow my service providers to cancel own appointments. See Screenshot

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Judah

Could you please try the following:-

Login to your Wordpress Admin dashboard

Select >Appointments >Settings
    Scroll down to the 'Accessibility Settings'
    Then set the 'Allow client cancel own appointments' field to 'Yes'
    Then Save

Then try and see if this provides you with a 'cancel' checkbox.

I hope that helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Judah

I hope you're well today!

Unfortunately, there is no functionality allowing for service providers to cancel their own appointments. That would need to be done by the site administrator.

This has been added as a feature request, but it has not yet gained enough support by members to be considered for development:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/is-there-a-way-to-have-my-service-providers-only-be-able-to-see-their-information-in-the-admin-pane#post-698401

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Judah,

Apologies for the misunderstanding.

I appreciate the solution isn't as neat as a checkbox in the Service Providers appointment table.
    However if you are happy to add CANCEL to the bottom of the Confirmation email, which would be sent to the client, Service Provider and Admin then the Service Provider should be able to click the link in the email to cancel the appointment.

I've tried this and it seems to work.

Unfortunately even if you have the fields 'Removal Notification Email Subject' and ' Removal Notification Email Message' populated it doesn't send an email to the client.
    I'm assuming this is the case because it would normally be the client clicking the cancel link in the email.

However this may be something you could try as an interim
    I would appreciate if you could try and confirm it works for you.

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.