BP group calendar Vs Events+

Hi,

i would like some advice on how best to use the above mentioned plugins "specifically for a BP community site."

i believe i would also need some guidance on using "text change" in "Ultimate Branding" to achieve the goal.

- Basically i want one to be referred to and used for weekly /or/ daily "meetings" (not events).
and the other for, "events".

So i was thinking of just using "text change" to change "Calendar" in "BP group calendar" to "Meetings", as well as the other "events" text in that plugin to "meetings" as well.

Problem :
- it seems to me that neither of these can create recurring events/meetings on the front end for BP group users.
am i correct in this ?
the idea is if a meeting is gonna be for e.g. every Tuesday from 7pm-9pm the user would have to manually enter this over and over ?

- so again in other words, "specifically for a BP community site."
my goal basically - one plugin for weekly "meetings" and another for one off events.
How best shall i use the two plugins ?

Also,
What do i have to put in the "in this text domain" exactly, of "Ultimate Branding" to change "Calendar" and "events" etc. to "meetings" for the specific "BP group calendar" plugin ? - this is assuming that, that plugin would be ideal for the recurring "meetings" situation.

I hope i have explained myself properly and not confused the situation further than i have already confused myself
:slight_smile:

any kind assistance in this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again in advance,
RC.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi RC,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

i believe i would also need some guidance on using "text change" in "Ultimate Branding" to achieve the goal.

What do i have to put in the "in this text domain" exactly, of "Ultimate Branding" to change "Calendar" and "events" etc. to "meetings" for the specific "BP group calendar" plugin ?

So i was thinking of just using "text change" to change "Calendar" in "BP group calendar" to "Meetings", as well as the other "events" text in that plugin to "meetings" as well.

To change plugin text you can use "Network Wide Text Change" module of Ultimate branding plugin.

In the "in this text domain" field of "Network Wide Text Change" module you have to enter text domain of the plugin or leave it blank for global changes.

The text domain of BuddyPress Group Calendar plugin is 'groupcalendar' and the text domain of Events + plugin is 'eab'

Find more information about this plugin on the following page.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/#usage

- it seems to me that neither of these can create recurring events/meetings on the front end for BP group users.
    am i correct in this ?
    the idea is if a meeting is gonna be for e.g. every Tuesday from 7pm-9pm the user would have to manually enter this over and over ?

The BuddyPress Group Calendar plugin doesn't support yet recurring events but the Events + plugin supports it and you can also use its add-on "BuddyPress: Group Events" that allows you to connect your Events with your BuddyPress groups.

- so again in other words, "specifically for a BP community site."
    my goal basically - one plugin for weekly "meetings" and another for one off events.
    How best shall i use the two plugins ?

Use BuddyPress Group Calendar plugin for one off events and Events + plugin for weekly meetings.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• amused

ok i was thinking the opposite originally but i totally agree with your suggestion.
    however this is assuming that events+ can allow recurring events ("meetings" in my case). i have seen the option when creating in the backend,
    but i do not see this option for BP users on the front end (screenshot)

- can BP users create recurring events on the front end with events+ ?
    i have activated the "BuddyPress: Group Events" add on.

look forward to any kind support/assistance

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi RC,

I have tested on my test site using latest version of Events + plugin found the recurring option is not getting displayed in the front end.

It seems from the following developer reply that creating recurring events from front end is not yet supported.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-do-you-show-the-option-for-recurring-events-on-front-end#post-475209

I have notified our Second Line Developer to get his reply about whether there is any work around to achieve it.

He will reply on this thread.

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi RC,

We develop features based on number of feature requests we receive for that and not based on time. The most requested feature requests gets developed from priority higher to lower..

If member wants the feature functionality in urgent and if he is not programmer then we recommend him to hire a developer from https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/ to develop it.

I have developed partial code for you to add recurring event functionality in front end. I hope you will find it useful.

Add the code from attached functions.php file in the functions.php file of your theme.

Edit the following Events + plugin files as below.

Edit the following Events + plugin file on line number 130 :
    events-and-bookings/js/eab-events-fpe.js

Before Editing:

var data = {
    		"id": $("#eab-events-fpe-event_id").val(),
    		"title": $("#eab-events-fpe-event_title").val(),
    		"content": content,
    		"start": $start_date.val() + ' ' + start_time_parts.join(':'),
    		"end": $end_date.val() + ' ' + end_time_parts.join(':'),
    		"venue": $("#eab-events-fpe-venue").val(),
    		"status": $("#eab-events-fpe-status").val(),
    		"is_premium": ($("#eab-events-fpe-is_premium").length ? $("#eab-events-fpe-is_premium").val() : 0),
    		"category": $("#eab-events-fpe-categories").val(),
    		/* Added by Ashok */
    		"featured" : $('#eab-fpe-attach_id').val()
    		/* End of adding by Ashok */
    	};

After Editing:

var data = {
    		"id": $("#eab-events-fpe-event_id").val(),
    		"title": $("#eab-events-fpe-event_title").val(),
    		"content": content,
    		"start": $start_date.val() + ' ' + start_time_parts.join(':'),
    		"end": $end_date.val() + ' ' + end_time_parts.join(':'),
    		"venue": $("#eab-events-fpe-venue").val(),
    		"status": $("#eab-events-fpe-status").val(),
    		"is_premium": ($("#eab-events-fpe-is_premium").length ? $("#eab-events-fpe-is_premium").val() : 0),
    		"category": $("#eab-events-fpe-categories").val(),
    		/* Added by Ashok */
    		"featured" : $('#eab-fpe-attach_id').val(),
    		/* End of adding by Ashok */
    		"is_eab_repeat": $("#is-eab-repeat").val(),
    		"repeat_start": $("#eab_event-repeat_start").val(),
    		"repeat_end": $("#eab_event-repeat_end").val(),
    		"repeat_every": $("#eab_event-repeat_every").val(),
    		"month": $("#eab_event-recurring_event select[name='eab_repeat[month]']").val(),
    		"day": $("#eab_event-recurring_event select[name='eab_repeat[weekday]']").val(),
    		"weekday": $('#eab_event-repeat_interval-weekly input:checkbox:checked').map(function() {  return this.value; }).get(),
    		"week": $("#eab_event-recurring_event select[name='eab_repeat[week]']").val(),
    		"time": $('#eab_event-recurring_event input[name="eab_repeat[time]"]').val(),
    		"duration": $("#eab_event-repeat_event_duration").val()
    	};

Edit the following Events + plugin file on line number 375 :
    events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-events-front_page_editing.php

Before Editing:
    $ret .= '<div class="eab-events-fpe-col_wrapper">';

After Editing:

$ret .= '<div class="eab-events-fpe-col_wrapper">';
    $ret .= front_end_meta_box_part_recurring_add($event);

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.