I would like to ask if its possible to have free shipping

Hello Guys,

I would like to ask if its possible to have free shipping on the first order then the shipping charges will apply on the repeat orders?

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Nigel,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

I think the best way to do this would be to issue a coupon to users when they first sign up, you could create them a 1 time use coupon :slight_smile:

Or maybe setup an opt in to help build your email list that when they opt in sends out the free shipping coupon. You can always rotate the coupon so the same one doesn't stay active for too long and get abused.

How does that sound? Let me know what you think!

All the best,
    Tyler

• nigelb135
    • Flash Drive

Thanks @Michelle Shull :slight_smile:

I'm planning to send the free shipping coupon after the user is registered on the site.

How about if the allowed uses for the coupon is unlimited but customer can only use the coupon once.
    The Customer will only be allowed to use the coupon on the first order?

Is that possible? Thanks for all you help Michelle.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Nigel,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your reply!

I think that would be the best direction to go here too.

How about if the allowed uses for the coupon is unlimited but customer can only use the coupon once.
    The Customer will only be allowed to use the coupon on the first order?

This is a feature I am really wanting too! Such a useful setting. Right now the developer is finishing up the next major release of MP which includes a lot of changes to the checkout, so once that is released we can look to get this implemented :slight_smile: ... I'm going to mark it as a feature request now and hopefully there is a possibility it could even be included in 3.0.

In the meantime, let us know if you have any further questions! More than happy to help.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey there nigel!

As of right now, I'm not seeing a way to make it work. I did a quick search to see if there was a coupon plugin that might work with MarketPress, but my tests on four of them were not fruitful.

Jonathan, the dev, is on vacation this week, but we'll make sure he sees the request when he gets back.

Thanks, nigel!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.