I would like to automate selling cpanels with

hello.

I would like to automate selling cpanels with a preinstalled wordpress installation with the plugins of my choice.

Can i provide all wpmu premium plugins to my clients for free??

and what is the advantage and limitations of multisites. Want clients only to host websites under their own domain (not my domain) and I want them to have their own cpanel (or at least email)..

Looking forward to your advice

• PC

Hello there Robert,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Can i provide all wpmu premium plugins to my clients for free??

If you provide them as a part of your development package, then you can provide them the plugins but not as a standalone download.

For example if you are running a project like WordPress.com or Edublogs.org using our ProSites plugin, then you can install our plugins on that and let your site users use those plugins on the subsites they create.

Or if you are using WHMCS MU Provisioning where the users can directly buy a WordPress site from your WHMCS site and it will be created as a subsite on your multisite.

You can not offer the plugins as free downloads with your cPanel accounts I am afraid !

what is the advantage and limitations of multisites. Want clients only to host websites under their own domain (not my domain) and I want them to have their own cpanel (or at least email)..

The advantage is that you can use a single WordPress install and allow your clients to create sites on your network.

If you want the clients to use their own domains, you can allow them to use the Domain mapping plugin we offer.

It also allows integration with your eNom reseller account so you can sell domains right from within your subsites dashboard.

Using WordPress multisite, you can not sell separate cPanel accounts but as emails run from MX records, you can allow the users to create email addresses. That should not be a trouble.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Robert

some other questions:

1) about the plugins, I only want to offer packages wordpress installs. I assume I can also package non wpmu plugins?

2) how about themes on a multisite, can clients just go and buy a theme on themeforest for example and install it. Or can I give them optinal themes to install too (just like with plugins)

3) how do I set the maximum usage per client? Do I need something like cloudlinux for that?

4) about the email, I assume I can automatically provision them Google Apps via my whmcs?

5) Can I also sell private cpanels with packaged wordpress websites?

• Robert

some more questions:

6) one of the benefits for me from a multisite would be that once i am logged in as network admin I can access all client websites (without continuous loggin in and out).

Does this also work when they use their own domain?

What about if they have their own cPanel? (if 5 is possible)

7) can I easily port exisitng cPanels/Cliets to my new multisite network?

8) Other then google apps, how can I use MX to offer clients email service? or how can they use email with their own domain? In case for example they dont want google apps, or I port exisiting cpanels to multisite without cPanel priviliges..

• PC

Hey there,

Sorry for the delay here.

how do I make a multisite from my wordpress install? I am not a techy...

Its pretty easy. We have a simple guide here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/creating-a-network-to-enable-wordpress-multisite/

Let me know if you get stuck.

1) about the plugins, I only want to offer packages wordpress installs. I assume I can also package non wpmu plugins?

If you wanna create packages, then you should look at our ProSites plugin. https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/

It allows you to create plugin packages for different levels. You can also package Non WPMU plugins.

2) how about themes on a multisite, can clients just go and buy a theme on themeforest for example and install it. Or can I give them optinal themes to install too (just like with plugins)

No, its you who will have to install the themes and plugins. The clients are not allowed to do that on a WordPress Multisite for security reasons.

3) how do I set the maximum usage per client? Do I need something like cloudlinux for that?

ProSites allows you to define how much space is available for one site.

4) about the email, I assume I can automatically provision them Google Apps via my whmcs?

Not to confuse you but what you are looking for in other features is not possible with WHMCS MU provisioning. However provisioning an email address should be possible with your WHMCS site if the users are buying domains through you. You will need to check it with WHMCS first on if they allow it or not.

5) Can I also sell private cpanels with packaged wordpress websites?

No, its not possible with Prosites or WHMCS MU integration. Selling Cpanels is something which is done via WHM+ WHMCS

6) one of the benefits for me from a multisite would be that once i am logged in as network admin I can access all client websites (without continuous loggin in and out).

Yes, you are right.

Does this also work when they use their own domain?

Still yes, you can.

7) can I easily port exisitng cPanels/Cliets to my new multisite network?

Yes, you can import sites but not cpanels. cpanels don't relate at all with WordPress Multisite.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/import-export-wordpress-sites-multisite/

8) Other then google apps, how can I use MX to offer clients email service? or how can they use email with their own domain? In case for example they dont want google apps, or I port exisiting cpanels to multisite without cPanel priviliges..

If a user has mapped their domain to a subsite on your WordPress network, they can still use their emails using MX records. They need a email host though which you can provide to them by allowing them to register the domains through your reseller account.

Also, can I easily move a MU site to a cPanel account?

You can move a WordPress site anywhere you want. Read more here : http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.