Services without specific duration

I would like to be able to offer services that do not have a specified duration. The client should be able to select start and end times. And the costs should be calculated using an hourly rate.
Is this possible and if so, could you give me any hint how-to? I'm not afraid of some hardcore coding if needed, but it would be even more awesome if it is possible without.

Additional question: can I set the availability of my service provider on the real calendar instead of the same for each week. My service providers are not available on the same standard hours every week.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Wilgert

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

With regards to the non-specific duration times and letting the end user choose the duration I'm afraid currently that isn't possible out of the box and would require a lot of custom coding, I'll include the lead developer here @Vladislav to see what he says, but there is no current workaround that I'm aware of I'm afraid.

Additional question: can I set the availability of my service provider on the real calendar instead of the same for each week. My service providers are not available on the same standard hours every week

I believe the best way around this if it works for you is to create a calendar for just one weeks hours and then you can change the working hours for the week after, then create that calendar would that work for you?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Vladislav

Hello,

Unfortunately, the plugin has been made from ground up to work within fixed timeframes, and most of its helpers and infrastructure are geared towards working within that context. However, since the appointments are recorded with their start/end times, it should be possible to do this, in theory. You would, however, have to forego all of the plugin's rendering capacities and come up with a displaying and scheduling techniques on your own, so it would include quite a bit of custom programming, I'm afraid.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Mark,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question! :slight_smile:

Currently this wouldn't be possible with the plugin as is, large parts would need to be re-coded to allow this sort of functionality.

We will be looking into things like this in future releases, though they would be a while off at the moment.

You could alternatively try posting a job on the WPMU DEV job board here https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.