I would like to delete my wordpress and reinstall but would like to keep settings for one particular

for one particular plugin " Bookly " How do i go bout saving my settings ? Thanks

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there @Aaron, hope you're well today!

Generally plugin settings and related data is saved in the database rather the plugin files so if you're looking only to replace WP files then you shouldn't have to do anything. Once you install the plugin settings should be there. I'd strongly suggest making a backup first just in case something goes wrong so you can revert it.

If you're looking to drop the database as well then I'd suggest contacting plugin authors to check which tables are having that data and once you know that you can simply import it to your new database in your new WP installation.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Imperative Ideas

In theory it's possible. Most plugins store their data inside of wp_options, unless they have a very good reason to manage their own tables (typical of large plugins like commerce solutions). Find the table the plugin uses, copy the data (often serialized), and you're good to go. I'd keep a backup of the old DB just in case though. That way if you miss something, at least a good pro can quickly recover it.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.