I would like to deploy a platform like webbly (a website

hI

I would like to deploy a platform like webbly (a website creator) but using wordpress as a base. I want to be able to quickly turnaround wordpress sites with a good among of templates to use.

Ideally i should be able to automatice as much as possible of the website building process as possible so that website can be created by admin staff.

I want to be able to bring down the hours required to do a website to maybe hours and be able to charge lower rates.

Can you advise what is the best way to go about doing this?

Thank you

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Joel,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I think this is doable, so please take a look at the resources I've gathered for you below.

1. The foundation of such site would be WordPress Multisite which allows you to centrally manage a network of sites that can be configured and maintained by their admins (users of your network). It would work in a fashion similar to wordpress.com site.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wordpress-multisite/#manual-contents

2. Second step would be to add and configure all the themes and plugin you'd like to make available to the users.

3. Our Pro Sites plugin is a tool crafted especially for handling scenarios such as the one described by you. It allows you to create various "premium levels" and charge users for the usage of selected plugins/themes/other features. Even if you'd decide to offer free sites, it would help you manage access to the themes and plugins.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/

4. The tool that would let you "tie it all together" would be our New Blog Templates plugin. You can create a number of "reference" ("ready to set up") sites that users could choose from on signup. Therefore user would be able to quickly select the kind of site (along with theme and plugins), pay for it and have it instantly and automatically set up for him.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/

That being said, there's many more possibilities to be explored and tools that could prove themselves handy but I think that the above guide should give you a fairly good starting point and a solid foundation.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Joel,

I believe that Adam's setup is what you are looking for, let me try explaining how New Blog Templates work so it might clear things up.

So you have site A that will be used as your template, you can select what is going to be transferred from that template site, content, theme, plugins etc.

Now, users come and create new sites B and C that are based on template A.

If you make change in admin section (logo, different menu, add/remove page, etc.) for site B it will not affect site C or template A.

Making changes in admin section for template A will not affect existing sites B and C but will be added for any new sites that get created, site D, site E and so on...

changing the behaviours of a plugin

If your plugin is network activated and has network settings it will affects all sites, A, B, C,... but if the plugin has settings in each sub-site than it will affect only that sub-site and not the others.

changing the layout of the theme via modifying the core code
    adding or removing function from the functions.php file

Making changes to theme/plugin files will affect all of your sub-sites and template sub-site since all the sub-sites are using same theme files.

Hope this clears things up.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.