I would like to import all info from my old wordpressblog to my new worpress blog with own url

Dear Supporter,

long time ago I created a wordpressblog called "thegrowingstoneofhope! after really nice feedback I thought its a good idea to own the domain name of this project called "thegrowingstoneofhope". On the original website many people already liked us and shared the site with their friends. Now I tried to move all data to my new blog with url growingstoneofhope.com but I lost all likes and I dont find the wp like icon / share button or right avatar.

Could you let me know what I have to do to keep the likes I obtained on my old blog.
thank you very much
with best regards
Ratschi

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @ratschi,

If you'd like to keep all of the like's while moving to a full domain name, I'd recommend that you simply upgrade your Wordpress.com blog the paid version and attach your domain to it.

This way the link "thegrowingstoneofhope.wordpress.com" will still work, but so will your domain.

The other option would be to setup a self hosted site. Then you would export your content from Wordpress.org, and import it to your own site. This method would allow you to keep your posts, but not the likes.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards, Alexander Rohmann

• ratschi
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Dear Alexander,

thanks for your answer. I already exported and imported the blog to my own url (so I guess I lost all likes). At the moment I cant afford any paid solution.

If you like the idea of "The Growing Stone Of Hope" I / we would be glad if you could spread the word and tell your colleges or have a discussion if this project is worth sharing here on wpmu somehow.

we all would be very thankful but I know on the other side that that would be advertisement for us so its all right if it is not possible,

Thank you very much for your very fast answer
    pls take care and all the best
    ratschi

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hey @ratschi,

Well I hope you're able to recover! One thing that might help would be to do a few posts on the wordpress.com site saying you're moving.

As for your project itself, we won't be able to do any promotion via WPMU DEV, but I did check out the video myself, and I wish you the best of luck with everything you're doing!

@pianoman, thanks for the link! Very good resource.

• p3ctech
    • Flash Drive

Add wordpress jetpack plugin to your privately hosted site and sign into it / add your privately hosred site with the same wordpress.com username used for the old site.

Then contact wordpress.com support....they could help with moving all your subscribers over to the new blog. Not sure if they can do the same for likes, but worth a shot.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.