I would like to install themes from Farm 133, but can't find a download link.

I would like to install themes from Farm 133, but can't find a download link.

Adam Czajczyk

Hello tmonk15,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

These themes are no longer developed and therefore no longer available. They were kept for download on our site for some time (for legacy reasons) but are removed now. Also, all download links and download references should be removed. If we missed any reference (so there's any place on our site suggesting download of these themes, except old blog posts), let me know please where you found those and I'll forward this to our writers so they could update our docs.

I apologize for confusing and I hope you will like our Upfront themes:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/category/themes/

Best regards,
    Adam

Alex Stine

Adam Czajczyk, I am extremely displeased with WPMU DEV's decision to discontinue the legacy themes. I thought about trying one out if my website theme ever fell through. Someone like me cannot use Upfront because your developers did not make it accessible with screen readers and that kind of hurts. I am seriously asking you to bring this up and get it taken care of. Update some of those themes, maybe not everyone here uses them but they have had to do you all some kind of good, an I right?
      It is not the fact that I myself use them, it is the fact that they would be available if I ever needed them. That is all my website is, a legacy free theme from WPExplorer. Look how good it looks compared to the original, I have screenshots posted in my early support tickets.

Thanks.

tmonk15

Hi Adam,

Thanx for getting back with me. I found reference to Farm 133 after a Google search for "theme packs for multisite." I understand you're pushing for folks to use Upfront, which is a fantastic framework. I'm currently using it on a couple sites that I've designed. However, it's a bit complex for the intended audience of a multisite installation I'm currently developing. My hopes are to offer several simple themes for our customers who may or may not be proficient with technology.

Again, thanx for your reply,
      Tim

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Alex, hello Tim!

I really understand your concerns. The decision though has been made a long time ago and until Upfront 1.x came out all those themes were still available for download. The decision was to focus all development forces (I mean theme developers) on Upfront and then gradually remove support for legacy themes. That already happened and although we do (and will) still support those themes for these users that still use them, that support is limited to critical security bugs.

Having said that all, I can agree that although our Upfront is a great tool there may be some cases where simpler, "ready to use" themes would do the job. I'm not in a position to make any decisions of that kind, nor to promise anything, but I'll aim to raise that issue and although I do not suppose that we'll ever bring "regular" (or those legacy themes) back I hope that the "theme builder" feature for Upfront will come sooner.

Just to explain: the feature I'm referring to would let you design the Upfront theme from scratch and then export it so it would became a "ready to use" starter (child) theme just like "Fixer", "Spirit" etc. That would simplify things much and also let you for much more control over theme design. I think it would also let you control aspects such as e.g. tags/attributes that are used by screen readers.

I hope that makes sense

Have a nice day!
    Adam

tmonk15

Hi Adam,

I understand the logic behind ending support for the legacy themes. The "theme builder" function of Upfront sounds nice, but alas I need a solution in the very near future. I appreciate your input thus far. You've been very helpful, and you've done a good job of explaining what I realize might be a source of disappointment for many, as in Alex's case. Though I'm not in need of accessibility like screen readers, I would imagine that would (and *should*) take precedence over a concern as minor as my own. Hopefully WPMU Dev has plans to make Upfront more accessible for people with disablities.

Thanks for your support. You can mark my portion of this issue as "resolved" if you like.

Tim