I would like to know the size of the images

Hi

I want to know the size of images when appears (I can't find info about):

1) Slideshow (home page featured content settings)
2) Wall (home page content settings)
3) Spotlight (spotlight settings)

If is possible, I request the dimensions when is Thumbnail, Medium and Large.

Best Regards

• aristath

Hello there @Eduardo, I hope you're well today!

You can see the dimentions of any element in your pages using Chrome Developer Tools:
    Open your page using the Chrome Browser and click Ctrl+Shift+I (or go to tools => developers tools to enable it).
    Once you do, you'll see a small magnifying glass on the bottom right.
    Click on that and then point to any element on your screen to see its dimentions.

As for the "thumbail", "medium" and "large" dimentions, you can set these from your dashboard by going to Dashboard => Settings =>Media.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Eduardo

Hi Ari,

Let me explain better. I used the theme BuddyPress Daily. I don't use Chrome, I use Safari.

The theme don't give me possibility to change the dimension of the images "boxes", but I want to know the dimensions of this "boxes" to prepare images to fit this "boxes".

You can see my site at: http://www.talkaboutjazz.com

You will see:

1) a slideshow box (rectangular). Tell me the dimensions (pixels x pixels)?

Bellow, you will see a "wall" with 21 images:

2) a images post (rectangular). Tell me the dimensions (pixels x pixels)?

In the right side bar, you will see a Spotlight area:

3) this spotlight show a image (square). Tell me the dimensions (pixels x pixels)?

Surely, if asking your development department which is the size programmed these boxes, you will get the answers to my questions.

As, I told before, I want to prepare the correct dimensions of images to fit the dimensions of the "boxes".

Regards

• aristath

Surely, if asking your development department which is the size programmed these boxes, you will get the answers to my questions.

There's no need to ask the dev team, using the method I described above it was really easy to get these sizes. My previous post was not denying you the answer, it was an attempt to help you learn something so that you don't need to post in forums everytime you want to learn something similar. It is a simple process that takes no more than 30 seconds.

1) a slideshow box (rectangular). Tell me the dimensions (pixels x pixels)?

640x250

2) a images post (rectangular). Tell me the dimensions (pixels x pixels)?

213x100

3) this spotlight show a image (square). Tell me the dimensions (pixels x pixels)?

width: 288px

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Eduardo

Thanks

Maybe good idea include this information somewhere in the Theme, for the people who wants prepare exact images for each area in the home page. And will be better, if your devlopment team offer me the total control of this images in the next release. In the moment, I can only include 1 featured image. This image will appears in the slideshow area, in the wall area and in the spotlight area. The result, is like a zoom image in each area. Or in order words, a complete image in the slideshow area, a zoom image wall area, and another zoom image in the spotlight area. And maybe my images material don't like the zoom effect!

Thanks by the info

Regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.