I would like to make sure my wordpress hosting of my

Hello,

I would like to make sure my wordpress hosting of my multisite is as fast as it could be. Soon I will switch to SSD hosting and now I am looking into caching, CDN, backups and round robin to make my hosting problem proof.

1) what do you recommend for caching? what plugin (it must work out of the box on multisite after 1 config) and keep in mind i might want to use your database plugin later on..

2) i would like to use cdn77, so previous solution must be compatible.

3) I would like to allow for making backups, but since my hosting is on SSD i would like to store this external on like Amazon S3.. how can this be automatically be configured (also for multisites)

4) the host provider i will use has locations in USA and Europe, besides CDN to improve performance, and to maek sure uptime is 100%, can I run a round robin bu hosting my multisite on both locations, and how would this be implemented with regards to previous points..

thanks.

• faydra_deon
    • WordPress Warrior

@robert:

1) what do you recommend for caching? what plugin (it must work out of the box on multisite after 1 config) and keep in mind i might want to use your database plugin later on..

I recommend WP Super Cache with Hostgator’s configuration recommendations: http://support.hostgator.com/articles/specialized-help/technical/wordpress/wp-super-cache-plugin

2) i would like to use cdn77, so previous solution must be compatible.

I actually like Cloudinary. I wrote an article about it: http://www.examiner.com/review/images-load-faster-wordpress-with-free-cloudinary-content-delivery-network

3) I would like to allow for making backups, but since my hosting is on SSD i would like to store this external on like Amazon S3.. how can this be automatically be configured (also for multisites)

I love Snapshot: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/

4) the host provider i will use has locations in USA and Europe, besides CDN to improve performance, and to maek sure uptime is 100%, can I run a round robin bu hosting my multisite on both locations, and how would this be implemented with regards to previous points..

I’m going to have to defer to another member or a Staff person to address this point for you.

I hope some of my other suggestions are helpful.

Faydra…

• Robert
    • Flash Drive

Thanks, its definitely helpfull. I will stick with CDN77 though, but the rest I will implement and wait for someone else to answer the rest.

Can I setup all these plugins as super admin and have them work for all subsites automatically (even when using the domain mapping tool)? Or do I or my clients have to set them up per website??

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @robert

@faydra covered quite a lot there.

I can’t say regarding round robin, i’m presuming you mean like a redundancy system, if 1 site goes down, the other kicks in? This does take quite a bit of setting up, you have to constantly keep the sites in sync, and have some kind of system which will redirect the domain to a different IP. The best people to ask about this would be your server guys, hosting company. From past experience, Redundancy systems are not cheap to set up & it’s not something you would probably tackle as an amateur or someone who doesn’t have a lot of server experience etc.

Caching, server side cache would be the best option rather than a plugin. memcache or something similar.

Hope this helps

• Robert
    • Flash Drive

@faydra

not only i want to network enable them, I also want them to have all settings pre-configured so that all is dummy proof, is that possible?

@vaughan

so you mean serverside memcache would be better that using a plugin like WP Hypercache? But them, how would I use a CDN globally on all my sites?

Or will users have to add their own CDN network?

Basically I want to pay for the CDN and S3 storage for backups, and have all the plugins installed and configured automatically with each provision of WHMCS MU provisioning plugin…

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.