I would like to make the name fields required in the registration form

Hi I would like to make the name fields required in the registration form
in protected content. I'm hoping this is a simple fix
Thanks in Advance

• Ash

Hello @Bruce

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

To make first and last name required, you have to edit the core plugin file. But this is not recommended as the changes will be wiped out when you will update the plugin.

Rather I can make those fields required in a different way but it will be different that default validation error.

Please let me know which one you prefer.

Cheers
    Ash

• Bruce

Hi Ash Thanks yes feeling great today hope you are too

I just noticed a new membership2 pro today so I've put that on my testing site this is the new improved option to protected content yes?

I thought I would try it seems very similar to protected content except the name and a few small details and it also has the same issue with the name fields I'm guessing it is the same options for making required name fields
    I definitely would want a workaround that wasn't effected by updates to the plugin so I guess option two is best.
    (Rather I can make those fields required in a different way but it will be different that default validation error)

the other thing is i have formidable forms pro plugin would using a different form be an option for this.
    This could also be very handy as one of the membership levels I will be using will require some custom Fields to join members i.e health questions

Cheers I'm looking forward to your response

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Bruce,

I just noticed a new membership2 pro today so I've put that on my testing site this is the new improved option to protected content yes?

Yes

I definitely would want a workaround that wasn't effected by updates to the plugin so I guess option two is best.

I have developed the attached small plugin to validate first name and last name fields for membership2 pro registration page.

Please try using it.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Bruce,

Glad i could help you.

Quick question? this plugin has the same name as another workaround plugin you created to stop duplication of terms of service with protected content is there potential conflict issues if two plugins have the same name ?

Yes there can be conflict so you can either copy and paste the code from one plugin file in to another so that you can use only one plugin or change the following plugin name in the plugin file to something else like Quick Custom Solution Plugin2

Plugin Name: Quick Custom Solution Plugin

Cheers,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.