I would like to moderate group creation but I only see the option to either allow members to create

Hey there,

The subject line says it all. But to clarify even further - I needed to set group creation to 'admin only' due to the way we're using the group function in BuddyPress. But, I'd like to let users/members request that our 'Group' list expand with their needs if they want.

Is there a setting in BuddyPress that makes it so that all groups must be approved by an admin or moderator or do I need to create a separate 'group request' form via Gravity Forms in order to offer users/members this feature?

Thanks for the info.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

sadly i don't know of a plugin that can do this, there were a few by the looks of it, but not a single 1 of them will work with current versions. i'm surprised actually because from searching google it's a highly requested feature.

unfortunately, you may have to go with the gravity forms approach and get users to request a group forum be created.

I don't know if role scoper plugin could do help with this? it maybe a possibility, but i wouldn't build your hopes up. http://wordpress.org/plugins/role-scoper/

hope this helps a little.

• Michael
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hey there, I think I'm going to go with adding a gravity form button to the sidebar of that page instead of trying to integrate another plugin. Thank you for the information/help. It is weird that this plugin has not been developed yet.

Again, I appreciate the direction.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.