i would like to put the staus plugin on a single page so that a spotlight editor can use it

how do i place this on a singe page for a special editor to use this feature. i dont understand the :
Do not place it automatically, I will place it myself
Advanced: if you select this option, you will have to use wdqs_quick_status() function in your theme files to place Status wherever you want.
Example usage: if (function_exists("wdqs_quick_status")) wdqs_quick_status();

will some please break it down to me in a steps that i can understand.

i would like to create a page that is called "Blame it on Larry" ..... and than have it so that the spotlight editor can go here and add all the stuff he would normally do on facebook

I Have created a page called "BIOL" and saved it as a draft .. this is the page i would like to build.

PS. I Have Granted Support Access

• Patrick

Hi there @Salem

I hope you're well today!

As you have seen, there is no option to simply select the page(s) where you want the Status plugin to show, other than All Pages or just the Home page.

So if you want it one only one page, you would need to create a page template and add the required function to that template where you want the Status plugin to display. Then upload that template to the root of your theme and select it for the page you want in your admin. Not the easiest thing to do if you're not comfortable with coding. :slight_smile:

So to make it easier for you, select the I will be using it in a widget option. That will make a widget available for you to use under Appearance > Widgets.

Next, if you want to use the widget in the post or page body, instead of just a sidebar, install either of these very handy plugins:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/widgetize-pages-light/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/amr-shortcode-any-widget/

You can then follow the instructions for either of those plugins to add any widgets you like anywhere on any posts or pages, including the Status widget.

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Salem

Hi there @WPMU
    I hope you're well today!
    ok i have another challenge, i have installed the "amr shortcode any widget" Plugin and when i do the [do_widget widgetname ] >>>> [do_widget status ] it does not find it! i am wondering if it is because it is a plugin designed to add the social commenting to the post function of a page... and that it is an added function to the widgets or something like that.. i have the Nimva theme installed on this website with the wysiswyg to were i can add widgets with out having to ad the amr shortcode any widget plugin but either way i cant find the status widget to add to the page i'm trying to create

i really would like some insight on this please

• Sajid

Hi @Salem

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Please follow steps below to display "Status Update" widget in page.

1. Activate amr shortcode any widget and status plugins.
    2. From Settings > Status > Show on public pages, select "YES" and select "I will be using it in a widget" options.
    3. From Appearance > Widgets Move status update widget into "Widgets for shortcodes" sidebar (see screenshot).
    4. Now use following shortcode in page to make it work.
    [do_widget "Status Update"]
    5. Done :slight_smile:

Let me know if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.