I would like to restrict the number of classified and auctions a user can post using Membership.

Hello,
I'm using Membership to set up a site where users have to pay a monthly fee to post up auctions using Prospress as well as restrict the number of classifieds a user can post based on their subscriptions. A visitor can't place classified, but a free member can place a restriced numbers worth and a subscribed member can place unlimited classifieds. I'm also trying to figure out how to restrict Prospress auctions. I want my visitors to be able to see everything but not bid or buy anything and my free members to be able to buy but not post and my paid members to be able to buy and list.

Any way I can do all this with membership? It sounded promising, but looking around I don't see anything.

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi @Cheyko

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team and thank you for being a member of our community.

Quite an interesting concept you're trying to create here. I like it! It would however require a bit of planning on your part. I would suggest that you map out exactly what pages you will have, the levels, what content you want to make available to whom and then use a combination of the Membership Plugin, and a few of other plugins to accomplish this.

One in particular that might assist you is this plugin:
    Bainternet Posts Creation Limits

I will have a look to see if there are any other plugins that could assist you to produce a site like this. As I said, it will require good planning, but I'm sure you can pull if off with the Membership Plugin (and a few others)...

Have a good day!

Gina

• Cheyko

Hello @ GinaB

Thanks so much for the reply! I've added a few other plugins (Bainternet Posts Creation Limits, Role Scoper, and Advanced WordPress Manager Group.) I also installed and messed around with s2Members, which created default 'user groups' for their subscription plans. I could then edit the permissions and restrictions based on the user groups (Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, and Level 4). However since I'd prefer to use Membership Pro I tried to figure out how to create user groups with it, and I just could not figure out how.

So, is there any way to create user groups with Membership Pro? Or any other way to assign permissions and restrictions using Role Scoper that anyone knows about? (As far as I know from messing around with it last night role scoper simply lets me assign roles to user groups, and these roles have certain permissions/restrictions. So I don't know if I can use it without user groups.)

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi @Cheyko

Some advice from the Developer. When upgrading to the latest version please delete the existing version completely and then upload version RC2. It's best to remove it first as that will ensure that all the new files are uploaded and there aren't any risk of having some files from the old version left behind.

Easiest way would be to use your FTP Client to access the wp-content/plugins folder and delete/upload from there.

All the best!

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.