I would like to see the Affiliates plugin track and manage a multi-tier network like AffiliateMagic

What are the chances?

PC

Hey James,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Unfortunately there are no short term plans to integrate this functionality to the Affiliates plugin however I have moved this to "Features and Feedback" so that other users can vote if they are also looking for the same kind of feature.

Depending on the number of user votes the requests go higher in the queue for development.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Paul

@sdinvestor2k,

Any change of heart on this type of upgrade?

Yes, actually have been working on somewhat of a rewrite of our Affiliate plugins. Lots and lots of new features and ways to control commissions. In respect of sites I've added logic to enable a sub site to be its own affiliate system. This is unlike the current version which treats everything as only for the main site.

I'm not familiar with the Affiliate Magic and as the starting price $89 I can't say I have the resources to look into it deeper. So if you have some specific information to share about how the Affiliate plugin needs to function in a multisite environment please state then in your reply to this thread. Would really like to hear/see some ideas.

I'm also looking for a way to make sure someone who is referred to our site is always associated with another member and that member will always get a commission from any purchases for life.

This is already built into our current affiliate plugin. There are two steps. First when an anonymous user follows an affiliate link they get a cookie added to their browser. This is to track their affiliate parent. You can set the cookie lifetime to some very high number. But a cookie is the best we can offer at this step.

In the next step if the anonymous user signs up for a user account then their user is linked to the referring affiliate user in WordPress and this is permanent.

SD2k

Thank you Paul... This is great to hear and I would be happy to be a sounding board on this with you as I have several projects coming up that we will want to incorporate this into. Is there a more private forum we could collaborate through? I have been considering this need and researching these types of programs for almost a year now so I definitely have a lot of insights that I would be happy to freely share with you. In doing so I would be tipping my hat to some issues that would need to be held in confidence so I would prefer a more secure means of discussion if you are open to that. Please let me know and I'll set the necessary time aside to send you a detailed overview of what I need and why and then we can see what's possible...

Thanks again for responding to my message!

Paul

@sdinvestor2k,

Is there a more private forum we could collaborate through?

I really would like to keep this public as many other members are also contributing ideas to help steer the development. But offer a private method. Use our Contact form, https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ on the form select "I have a different question". Then in the message body mention this thread and my name. The message will be routed to me and we can exchange ideas via that system.

I have been considering this need and researching these types of programs for almost a year now so I definitely have a lot of insights that I would be happy to freely share with you. In doing so I would be tipping my hat to some issues that would need to be held in confidence so I would prefer a more secure means of discussion if you are open to that.

Great. I've only just inherited the plugin from the previous developer who left the company. I have made some good progress on the re-development effort but still needs lots of work before it is awesome enough to release to the wild. And I'm damn curious on your remark "In doing so I would be tipping my hat to some issues that would need to be held in confidence".

SD2k

Thanks Paul, I have been reading through some of the other threads and getting a lot of insight as to where you're going with this and I can appreciate your interests in keeping things public, seems to me it sparks creativity...

If I have anything specific to ask or share that I wouldn't want aired publicly I'll send you a private message.

Thanks...

I'll start a new thread with feature thoughts and see where that takes us...