I would like to set up Automessage but I am a bit confused.

Hi,

I would like to set up Automessage but I am a bit confused.

I would like to be able to send an email to all new users who have signed up for a site through Pro Sites.

The confusion is that I see Automessage settings at sub site level but not at Network level.

Is this not a Multisite plugin?

Thanks,
Justin

• Justin

Het Bojan,

Well, not really.

These are the emails that I can change.
    http://screencast.com/t/74SW0Sbj

And it looks like Automessage has more options. But if you are saying that I CANT use it together then the story stops there anyway.

-----

Another question - how can I get an automatic notification which includes the email address of a new user when they sign up for a new site?

At the moment the notification emails that I get only include user name and site url.

Thanks!

Justin

• Bojan Radonic

Hey again @Justin,

Automessage allows you to send emails on user/site registration and it should work along side with pro sites. The way it should work for your blog / user registration would be to activate it on your main site rather then using it on your network if that makes sense. However, I've tested this on two different installs and automessage didn't send any messages on registration so we'll have to report this to our developer so he can investigate this further.

As for editing New Site Registration email I've found several custom solutions for editing registration emails that are being sent to users but none for the one that is sent to admin so I'll include an available developer from second level support for his opinion on this.

Please note that, developer response might be slower than usual staff response, so we appreciate your patience on this.

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Anang

Hi @Justin

You can try this code to include email in admin notification when user registered :

// Redefine user notification function
    if ( !function_exists('wp_new_user_notification') ) {

function wp_new_user_notification( $user_id, $plaintext_pass = '' ) {

$user = new WP_User( $user_id );

$user_login = stripslashes( $user->user_login );
    		$user_email = stripslashes( $user->user_email );

$message  = sprintf( __('New user registration on %s:'), get_option('blogname') ) . "\r\n\r\n";
    		$message .= sprintf( __('Username: %s'), $user_login ) . "\r\n\r\n";
    		$message .= sprintf( __('E-mail: %s'), $user_email ) . "\r\n";

@wp_mail(
    			get_option('admin_email'),
    			sprintf(__('[%s] New User Registration'), get_option('blogname') ),
    			$message
    		);

if ( empty( $plaintext_pass ) )
    			return;

$message  = __('Hi there,') . "\r\n\r\n";
    		$message .= sprintf( __("Welcome to %s! Here's how to log in:"), get_option('blogname')) . "\r\n\r\n";
    		$message .= wp_login_url() . "\r\n";
    		$message .= sprintf( __('Username: %s'), $user_login ) . "\r\n";
    		$message .= sprintf( __('Password: %s'), $plaintext_pass ) . "\r\n\r\n";
    		$message .= sprintf( __('If you have any problems, please contact me at %s.'), get_option('admin_email') ) . "\r\n\r\n";
    		$message .= __('Thanks!');

wp_mail(
    			$user_email,
    			sprintf( __('[%s] Your username and password'), get_option('blogname') ),
    			$message
    		);
    	}
    }

Let me know the result

Best Regards

• Anang

Hi @Justin

Sorry I'm forgot to mentioned the location. You need to put it on a filed in folder mu-plugins.
    1. Create mu-plugins under wp-content folder if not exist
    2. Create new file called override-notif.php
    3. Paste the code there
    4. Save the file

And if it's not working, you can try to change
    wp_new_user_notification
    with
    wpmu_signup_user_notification

Let me know the result

Best Regards