I would like to show a pop up/lightbox to use in which he

Hello,

I would like to show a pop up/lightbox to use in which he gets a message that site is only for 18+, if he clicks on yes he gets access to website, if he clicks on no he is redirected to a particular page.

Option2:
After three page impressions user is redirected to a page asking same info, if user clicks on yes he is redirected to same page from where he came else to a particular page upon clicking no.

This shall be done to only users who are not logged in. Please let me know how these two things can be achieved.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @ashish,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I would like to show a pop up/lightbox to use in which he gets a message that site is only for 18+, if he clicks on yes he gets access to website, if he clicks on no he is redirected to a particular page.

You can do this by using the PopUp Pro plugin.
    You can set the PopUp to show right on page load, disable scroll of the page when popup is opened, add your text in content together with YES and NO links which you can easily style to look like buttons. Enable Click on the background does not close PopUp. option and add this small CSS code to hide the close button:

.wdpu-close {
        display:none;
    }

This way users will need to click on YES or NO link which you can choose where to go.

After three page impressions user is redirected to a page asking same info, if user clicks on yes he is redirected to same page from where he came else to a particular page upon clicking no

Unfortunately there is no option in PopUp Pro to show it only after specific number of pages visited.
    If there are some other members with an idea about this please do a followup on this :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• ashish

Hello,

Using Popup pro:
    - If a user clicks on No and I send him to good-bye.html he should not be able to access the same website or any other web page on website by simply clicking on back button or by manually typing in any URL in browser. As we already know that user's age is <18. Will this be possible using Popup pro? Will it be able to add necessary cookies (or anything similar) to track user and disable his/her access to website? This is a must for me.

-----------
    Option2:
    After three page impressions user is redirected to a page asking same info, if user clicks on yes he is redirected to same page from where he came else to a particular page upon clicking no.
    ----------
    I am not looking a pop up solution for option 2. In option 2 user must get redirected to a page for ex. confirm-age.html where he will be asked to click on either yes or no. If user clicks on yes his access to website remains uninterrupted and he is redirected back to page where he came from. If he clicks on No user's access to website is restricted as we know that his/her age is <18. S/he should not be able to access website or any other pages, may be even when next time he lands on website using search engines. Again as said earlier, may be by using cookies or something that you thing is a good alternative to cookies.

• Tyler Postle

Hey again Ashish :slight_smile:

Will this be possible using Popup pro? Will it be able to add necessary cookies (or anything similar) to track user and disable his/her access to website? This is a must for me.

PopUp pro was never meant to be used to protect content or restrict IP's, so no this isn't possible with this plugin; however, you could use one such as this here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/age-verify/

That was designed for exactly what you're after here from what I can tell :slight_smile:

Will that do the trick? You can set how long the ban will last too.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.