I would rather they go to the Welcome page instead

Hey guys,

I just installed and setup Pro Sites on my Main site, Hoopsinstitute.com

Everything seems to be working correctly so far.

However, my services I'm offering with each website plan is pretty widespread.

So after a customer signs up with Pro Sites, I want to be able to redirect New users to a custom Welcome page that explains how everything works, offers a tour, etc, etc.

Currently, when someone signs up for a new blog, they are presented with the "Finalizing Your Site..." page/content as shown in the image attached.

With only the option to log into their site's dashboard after checkout via Pro-Sites.

I would rather they go to the Welcome page instead. How can I change this?

If I can edit/add to the "Finalizing Your Site..." page/content, that would actually work better.

Can I have some assistance with this?

I have granted Support Access,

Thanks a ton!

Uttam Kumar

Hello Mogul Naj ,

I hope you are doing well today! I apologize for this very late reply.

Currently there is no option that new users can redirect to a custom welcome page, it's showing non-dynamic text.There is no front-end way to change/edit "Finalizing Your Site..." page/content as it's non-dynamic content written in the plugin. But you can redirect the user when they finish registration by changing some Jquery code.

If you want to change/add new redirect option after registration go to
    pro-sites/pro-sites-files/js/checkout.js

.done( function ( data, status ) {
        $( '#check-prosite-blog' ).removeClass( "hidden" );
        $( '#registration_processing' ).addClass( "hidden" );
        post_registration_process( data, status, form_fields );
        // Add your custom code here
    	//window.location.href = "URL";
    });

If there is anything else we can help you with let us know. Have a great day!

kind regards,
    Uttam

Mogul Naj

Hello Uttam Kumar Roy ,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have tried the PHP code you placed above and it did work to redirect to the Welcome page, but just not correctly and when it was supposed to do so.

After I tested the code, here's what happened:
    1. I created the Username, Email, Site Name, and clicked "Reserve Your Site".
    2. Right after clicking "Reserve Your Site", it Redirected to the Welcome Page, which isn't correct because I wasn't able to pay for the subscription and enter the credit card information first.

How it Should work:
    1. The website visitor selects their plan.
    2. They enter the Username, Email, Site Name, and click "Reserve Your Site".
    3. After clicking "Reserve Your Site", they enter their credit card information and click "Subscribe".
    4. Pro Sites then redirects the new website owner to the Welcome Page only after payment is Successful.

Can you assist me with the code I would need to add to have the registrant redirect to the Welcome Page after they have completed their credit card payment information?

Thanks a Ton!

Mogul Naj

Hello WPMU Team,

I'm trying to figure out if there's anyone that can help me with this issue I'm having. I explained it above, also contacted live support and they did assist but wasn't able to fix it.

I know you all receive a ton of support emails and inquires daily, but I was planning on launching this feature for my site on June 1st, and wanted to see if I can have this answered to be able to still launch it in time, as I originally posted it May 16th.

The Live support Tech guy suggested that I come back here to further explain the situation.

So here's the synopsis.

I have tried the PHP code that I received from Uttam above.
    I applied it in the checkout.js Folder in the Pro Sites Plugin Folder.

When I tested the code, here's what happened:
    1. I entered the Username, Email, Site Name, and clicked "Reserve Your Site".
    2. Right after clicking "Reserve Your Site", it Redirected to the Welcome Page, which isn't correct because I wasn't able to pay for the subscription and enter the credit card information first, before being redirected.

The reason is, I don't want clients to have access to the "Finalizing Your Site" Page, which contains the login info and password, as there are specific steps we'd like the new clients to follow first. Such as filling out a website setup form, watching a course, etc.

How it Should work:
    1. The website visitor selects their plan.
    2. They enter the Username, Email, Site Name, and click "Reserve Your Site".
    3. After clicking "Reserve Your Site", they enter their credit card information and click "Subscribe".
    4. Pro Sites then redirects the new website owner to the Welcome Page only after payment is Successful.

The issue is, I don't want them to have access to the "Finalizing Your Site" Page which contains the login info, as there are specific steps we'd like the new clients to follow first. Such as fill out a form, watch a course, etc.

I have granted support access if needed.

If I can receive help with this before June 1st, to be able to launch in time, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Uttam Kumar

Hello Mogul Naj,

I hope you are doing well today! I apologize for the inconvenience you are having!

We made some changes for you and create a filter to redirect your newly added user to welcome page. I am attaching a file which you need to put in WordPress Installation > WP-content > mu-plugins folder.
    If you don't have mu-plugins folder, create a folder with mu-plugins. And you need to change one line of code of the given file.
    $welcome_page = get_permalink( 1 );
    Change 1 to your welcome page ID.

Let me know if this will work for you. Have a great day!

kind regards,
    Uttam

Mogul Naj

Hi Uttam,

Thanks so much for your fast reply !
    I've downloaded and changed the line of text from your attachment, as shown in my attached image below, then I uploaded it to my mu-plugins folder.

Then I tested the registration process again and I still received the "Finalizing Your Site" Page as shown also in the image.
    I have granted Support Access if you'd like to test it out.

Or you can let me know what I should try to adjust next?

Thank you for your help!

Huberson

Hi there, really sorry for this inconvenience.
    Support access is currently disabled for the site, can you please enable it again? If possible, please provide us FTP credentials for the site. We might be able to help you make the changes.
    You can place the FTP credentials in the support note from your dashboard.

Please let us know once you do so we can look at it.

Best,
    Huberson

Huberson

Hi, I received the credentials. Thanks for the info!
    Try to place the code from your "redirect_user_to_welcome_page.php" file under "wp-content/mu-plugins" directory inside your current active theme "functions.php" and see if does the redirection as expected. You can also switch to one of WordPress default theme to avoid modifying your theme "functions.php" file.
    The code can be placed at the top inside functions.php, it doesn't really matter.

Please do let us know if that solve it.