icon font in social share not displaying after installing Hummingbird

Hi,

I've installed Hummingbird, but it breaks the icon font in the social share plugin (just squares there). By turn, I tried to reset minification or other parts of Hummingbird. When I open the site in a new browser it then shows the font, but when I open the site again, they're gone again.
I used Enfold as a theme and Access press social share for the plugin.

What could be the problem?

• Milan

Hello Monique ,

Hope you are doing well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

I did load your site many times in my browsers and it seems to render icons without any issue. As you are using Hummingbird, it is possible that its minification is causing issue because when you enable minification it actually minifies and combines many of the js and css files and sometime this operation actually causes some troubles. So if you are still not able to see icons, you would need to check in this two context

#1) Caching
    #2) Hummingbird Minification

So let's try to work on Caching first. So if you have any type of caching enabled on your site ( server caching, some caching plugin ), please disable it for some time and then test if it helps you. :slight_smile:

If it does not help, please work on Hummingbird's minification setting, try to disable minification for plugins and themes one by one and evaluate its results, if it also does not help, go with file by file and identify culprit.

Look forward to hearing back from you. :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Monique

Hello Milan,

Hummingbird was deactivated, so that's why the icon fonts loaded without problems. I now reactivated Hummingbird. No problem yet. Then started with activating Hummingbird's caching: icon fonts disappear. Disabled caching in Hummingbird: problems remain, in both Chrome and Firefox.

I'd like to be able to use Hummingbird, this was one of the reasons I got the WMPU dev subscription for...

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Monique,

I had a look at your setup and it seems like font file doesn't like being combined with other files, this actually happens quite often, so I disabled minification and combine for font file and it should be working fine now.

Please check by doing hard refresh in your browser (CMD+SHIFT+R on Mac or CTRL+F5 on Win) and let us know if it's loading properly for you as well.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.