Icon fonts not showing up

My icon fonts have mysteriously stopped appearing on the front end of my site. You can see the issue here: http://forbes.bsd.today/email-sales/

The blue circle should have a person icon in it but it only shows a little box. Any idea why?

Ken Kimbrell

Hello Luke-

I would like to take a closer look into this.

Could you please grant us temporary support access to your website so we can have a better look of your setup and settings? You can grant us access via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin, there's no need to share credentials. Here's our detailed documentation page about it:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4

We'll wait for your confirmation reply here, as we don't get any notification when a member is granting us support access. We could then dig in and further investigate this!

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

Ken Kimbrell

Hello Luke-

There seems to be a style conflict between some of your plugins. I would recommend deactivating the plugins you no longer use and deleting them, then clearing all forms of server caching you may have. Which includes any type of cdn or any type of cache settings you have set up in with your host. Then clear browser cache and see if it returns. You seem to have quite a few plugins that use bootstrap, that can cause conflicts. The VC-add on you are using, uses font-awesome and so does bootstrap, while other plugins you use are using icomoon, so there could be some serious font style conflicts going on. I was successful in deactivating formidable bootstrap and then the icons returned. However when I reactivated it, to see if I could find other conflicts. I deactivated it again and the icons were gone

Try deleting some of your plugins you no longer need, tidy it up a bit. Make sure you are putting necessity over functionality and style, or you can really bog down your page speed load times. You can use a site called GtMetrix , it is free and is great for analyzing which plugins are weighing down your site.

Let me know how this works for you!

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

Ken Kimbrell

Hello Luke-

There seems to be a conflict with the ubermenu-icons overriding the VC-addon icons on that page. The best option was for me to emulate what you had before with custom html/css. I then tapped into how ubermenu displays their icons and was able to use a user icon from there. Unfortunately it is not the user-circle icon you had previously chosen. The selection of icons for ubermenu was pretty faint. I also added a download icon for the "General Sales Information" since you are pointing to a PDF download.

This seems like the best workaround if you do not want to remove any other plugins.

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

Ken Kimbrell

Hello Luke-

It should work across all pages, one or more plugins seemed to have created major conflicts with other plugins enqueueing the same font-style. There could be problems with namespacing or precedents, among many other things. That is the risk we take unfortunately when we utilize multiple plugins. We can only hope that they remain compatible with our theme. Seems like you have done a really great job ensuring there are no plugin conflicts. There just seem to be one problem that does have a work around. It will just limit the quantity of your icons. It also does not appear to be a style conflict across all pages. So even some different element you plopped into the layout adds different styles. If they coded it like for example

I noticed on one page you were able to display the information icon, and perhaps changed the user icons to match the others? I assume you used the same element VCadd-on to achieve that?

Is there a chance you added an additional VC-addon element to the contact-us page that you did not on the customer-care page? Because it seems to be working fine on that page, which really puzzles me.

The workaround that I devised consists of going to your wordpress dashboard and clicking Appearance > Menus, then pick any menu, and go into uber settings and click add icon. Then I look at the selection of icons they had to offer on the page: see image below:

After I knew which ones I could use I then went to AWESOME FONTS

From there I looked at the html code and classes that could be used to add that icon, I then focused on just the last class of the icon tag. See image below:

Here is why, because ubermenu uses their own classes to show the same icons. See image below:

So what you will need to do is take the class from font-awesome for the menu you want and use this line of code, replacing the note with the class of the icon you want. See code below:

<i class="ubermenu-icon fa <!--Replace this with the class of the icon you want to display -->"></i>

This should allow you to display your icon. Of course this means you would have to add it manually with html and style it with css.

In the meantime, I will still keep this ticket open and come up with a more permanent solution for you in the future. I think a strong point is to notice that the customer-care page seems to display the correct icons while the contact-us page does not. If there is some element that you added, perhaps an element from another VC-addon. Because I believe you have two. Then there could be a style conflict across the two VC-addons.

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support