Icons no longer showing

Hi guys,

My icons are no longer displaying on the blog - top right where I had my social media icons and at the bottom of each post. I've WP Smush Pro for the first time and this issue has started up - how do we go about getting them back please?

Thanks,
Sarah

Sajid

Hello Sarah,
    Hope you are doing good today

Yes, I can see this issue on your site. It seems the fonts get removed during the the smush process. By the way, the fonts files should not be in media folder.

The best way is, move these files into your theme folder and link from there.

Right now, to get those back immediately, download the files from this official font awesome file and upload again.

I am assuming, you are using a plugin to include font-awesome icons or its your theme. In case, its theme, you can find where you need to upload the files.

If not sure, then just upload the fonts files directly in following folder via FTP or FileManager of cPanel.
    wp-content/uploads/2017/fonts/

Take care and have a nice day

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Sajid

Hello Sarah,
    Hope you are doing good today

Yes, uploading to that folder would do the trick here. And the folder is not within theme, its in uploads folder so you could easily find that.

If you could not manage to upload the files in proper location, then send in WordPress admin details and FTP credential via our secure contact form and I will do this for you.

You can send the requested details via our secure contact form in following format.

Subject: "Attn: Sajid Javed”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference

But this should not happen at all. I mean, it should not smush these fonts files since these are not images.

I just tested on my own site by uploading the font awesome files into media uploader and then super smushing but the fonts are still there.

If you continue getting this issue over time then please first make a plugin and theme conflict test as described in our getting support manual.

Take care and have a nice day

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support